Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AoD if Galaxy watch is placed on charger?

(Topic created on: 19-11-2019 08:34 PM)
Mr_Burns
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm LTE). Every night I put the watch onto the charger which is placed on my bedside table. Even If I switch on AoD the watch turns black after a few seconds.

My question now is there any way to keep the display on all night if the watch is charging?

I want to use the watch as small night clock with digital numbers (brightness very low) - how can I get that?

Thanks for any help!

90 REPLIES 90
GregW500
Student
Options
Thank you. It's awesome
0 Likes
kddsky
First Poster
Options

definitely a feature, expected by default.

mathninja221
First Poster
Options

use WU Fix app in galaxy store through galaxy wearable app

0 Likes
ParakeetJohn
Student
Options

All jokes aside, it is a nice feature to set the watch in the charging doc yet still be able to see the time. Some AOD watch faces are totally awesome with neon type hands against a black background.  I was surprised myself that this was not a feature, and odly, tapping the watchface to initiate a power level readout while charging was not originally present either; it was in an update.

I do hope the developers will seriously consider AOD remaining when charged; if desired.  Having a little "alarm clock" for $350+ is just an added perk to the already wonderful features of the watch; when active.

Other than the Galaxy Gear 2 that same out with a camera/video ability (which they never took that away), this Galaxy Watch is one of the best I've worn; the Active 2 looks to be exceptional as well, with battery life the only concern against the Galaxy Watch.

Have a great day all.

JoJo83au
First Poster
Options
As long as you can pick to turn this feature on and off. I hate having any degree of light in my bedroom while trying to sleep (im awake before sunrise every morning darkness is needed). If i need to check the time i pick up my mobile phone.
0 Likes
Bhman
First Poster
Options

Screen burn is an issue, but, it will constantly show the battery icon and ratio? Make it float or slightly shift. 

0 Likes
Pablobarrera
First Poster
Options

Mi first and my last samsung product! Its just stupid! Its a must have function allways on display when is charging! Noobs... Back to Huawei! ❤️

JCV19
First Poster
Options

@Mr_Burns wrote:

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm LTE). Every night I put the watch onto the charger which is placed on my bedside table. Even If I switch on AoD the watch turns black after a few seconds.

My question now is there any way to keep the display on all night if the watch is charging?

I want to use the watch as small night clock with digital numbers (brightness very low) - how can I get that?

Thanks for any help!

@Mr_Burns wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
JCV19
First Poster
Options
Download "I am Alive" from gear app store. Hit the on button on watch display, put your s3 on charging pod then hit the home button once. You'll have the watch face on while charging
0 Likes
JjJedi
Apprentice
Options

Its now January 11, 2020 and we still dont have an AoD while charging ....... 

Be patient

Be patient

Dont yell

Be patient