Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AoD if Galaxy watch is placed on charger?

(Topic created on: 21-08-2019 10:46 AM)
Mr_Burns
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm LTE). Every night I put the watch onto the charger which is placed on my bedside table. Even If I switch on AoD the watch turns black after a few seconds.

My question now is there any way to keep the display on all night if the watch is charging?

I want to use the watch as small night clock with digital numbers (brightness very low) - how can I get that?

Thanks for any help!

90 REPLIES 90
Seminole360
Student
Options

I've been an Apple Watch user since Series 1, but wanted to try something different so I recently got the Galaxy Watch. I like it, but this is probably the one feature I miss most. The Apple Watch didn't stay on all night when docked, but if it detected any vibration it would light up with the time in, low light, green and the proper orientation - called Nightstand Mode. Can't believe Samsung didn't stumble upon this in their competitive research. I'd REALLY like this feature.

Malec82
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I'm also looking for this fature for my galaxy watch which seems should be sooo default! In the meantime, i started to use i am alive app, but it is also imperfect. You can't set lower brightness for charging only and system auto low light function also doesn't work. But at least it does something more than Samsung's software.

My girlfriend is using Apple watch so I have some compare. And as I'm not a fan of Apple smartphones or PCs i have to admit that there is real space between the watches. It is somehow so more interactive and enjoyable to use. And this is because of these small, meaningless at first look,  details.

0 Likes
Doodel
First Poster
Options

You guys do realize that any Keep Alive app will burn out the screen because it doesn't randomly shift the watch face like the built-in AOD mode does right?

0 Likes
Sabed
Student
Options

AOD Clock - app in Galaxy Shop. Worka nice. 

Sabed
Student
Options
AOD Clock - app
Jakeplott
First Poster
Options

Please make this happen. I have been wanting this option too and does seem like it would be that difficult of an upgrade

0 Likes
alexcad
First Poster
Options

@Mossy99 wrote:

Hi,

I have found an app called I am alive. If you download this to the watch then switch it on you can charge your watch with the screen staying on. Hope this helps.

Good, but only if you don't care about burn-in issue of your OLED as the displayed watchface is not the AOD moving version.

0 Likes
Seminole360
Student
Options

Thanks, I sure do realize this... that's why my OP said "the Apple Watch didn't stay on all night when docked, but if it detected any vibration it would light up..."

0 Likes
W_B
First Poster
Options

Wow!,

After one year of development we now have a 'moving flash' image when  charging the watch.

Don't expect an actual time display (it's a WATCH) before the turn of the century...

:shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

SadlerX
First Poster
Options
Yep... pretty funny considering they could have had the time floating around instead.

The screen burn in issue must be a really bad screen limitation if this is the best they could come up with.