Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active watch

(Topic created on: 16-03-2019 12:27 PM)
Ben33
Student
Options

Can anyone tell me if the active watch measures blood pressure if so where can I find how it does it Samsung dont seem to know some of their support staff say it does and some say it does not

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
pkylle
Explorer
Options

It does not. 😉

0 Likes
Solution
Ben33
Student
Options

Cnet give the following information on their site is this not true.

The Galaxy Watch Active comes loaded with health and fitness tools to help you take charge of your well-being and will be the first Samsung wearable with the ability to monitor blood pressure. Starting March 15, you'll be able to download Samsung's My BP Lab App, a research app  that first showed up on last year on the Galaxy S9, S9+ and Note 9  and was developed in partnership with the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) to track blood pressure. Once you download the app, you'll be asked to opt in to be part of their research study and share your dataSamsung hasn't provided any more details on how it'll actually work on the Watch, but we'll be updating this article with more information in the coming weeks. 

0 Likes
pkylle
Explorer
Options

You need to have a Samsung S9 / S9+ / Note9 / S10 / S10+ phone and the few reviews of the app 'My BP Lap 2.0' (associated with Active Watch) are all one star.
So a limited audience for an app (and sensor) still in development.
More: A review from:

Keith Ferguson
March 16, 2019
"Wow. Just in: This app functionality, and blood pressure monitoring in general has just been cancelled by Samsung on the Galaxy Watch Active for now. In fact, according to what the Samsung tech support agent explained to me as of an hour ago when I spoke with them, Samsung is actually considering cancelling this feature for this watch all together and, instead, maybe reserving its implementation for some smartwatch they might develop in the future. That this final decision is yet to be made by Samsung, but that this was what they were currently deciding. And that they were being given no timeframe for when these final decisions will be made. Since this watch was advertised as having this capability, and since it was actually the only reason I purchased it, as I already have a couple of smartwatches including the S2, I am now, of course, very strongly considering returning it, and am pretty annoyed by the notion that it would be sold to me under such a blatently falsly advertised promise."
0 Likes
LauraCL
Explorer
Options
I have received mine 2 days ago and it is disappointment after dissapointment. No compatibility with apps at all just the few ones coming with wearable, measurements much worse than my fitbit alta and contact charging on my s10 plus disconnects continuously ... just returning it
0 Likes