Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Watch 2 HIIT tracking

(Topic created on: 28-04-2020 08:39 AM)
Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I notice that this watch doesn't have a specific HIIT or interval training option on the activity tracking (my training partner has an interval training option on her Apple watch). Is the circuit training option the same as this? This is really important to me as HIIT is my main form of exercise and I need the tracking to be accurate. 

Thanks in advance!

87 REPLIES 87
tizza90
Apprentice
Options

im just after a hiit setting, so the heart rate is correct. I'm even connecting a chest strap. It's not capturing the intensity and the higher HR values

Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

Me too! The admin guy said this feature was coming soon but still waiting! Suppose we'll just have to keep on waiting unless the clever developers are working from home! 

GosiaID
Journeyman
Options
Hi Danny, could you update us on the "HIIT project" status?
AgentKnipe
First Poster
Options

Any update on this? Also, would this update be coming for the galaxy watch ?2

0 Likes
jms28
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Any update here pls?

Looking into buying my first ever wearable and the Samsung Galaxy Watch (not the Watch 2) particularly caught my attention.

However, I need an interval timer that allows me to set something like 5 x 3 minutes workout with 1 minute breaks in between and notifications (sound or vibration) for HIIT, boxing etc. I personally don't need calories count or even logging the workout, but a simple timer is a must.

I want to decide which watch to buy this week (looking into other manufacturers as well ofc) so would be good to know if that is something that is available or not.

Thanks

0 Likes
Dave851
First Poster
Options

Hi jms28.

I have the galaxy watch and it's a pretty amazing watch. BUT... Sorry to say that for Samsung fans, if you are really in workout, I would recommend more something like a Garmin watch instead of galaxy just because, in my opinion, Garmin are more sport sport so you will get everything you need for those training, instead of the Samsung watch are more smart watch so less options for workout but more options in the smart side... I had a Garmin before and were pretty happy with it, but it was missing some apps I like on the galaxy. Oh and one thing Garmin got was: the "coach" speak in your earphones instead of the speaker of the watch (if you're listening music). At the end it's really what you wanna do with it. If you need a watch just for workout and some basic app, there is fire options with Garmin Wich are not too expensive. If you need and like apps and customization, the galaxy watch are the winner. 

Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

Hi Danny

Can you please provide an update on this. 

During the lockdown I have been alternating my HIIT routines with running and it is clear that the circuit training setting is not recording my HIIT classed correctly. I'd don't need timers or anything like that, just an HIIT or Interval activity setting like both Fitbit and Apple  have. I love my watch and it's so easy to use but it really isn't doing the job I need it to do.

Thanks in advance 

Stephjkm
Journeyman
Options

I agree, I'm also doing hiit classes and have to use the circuit training or other workout selections. 

HIIT and bootcamp are not at the same level and need their own classification. 

MASteck
First Poster
Options

Yes to this!! ^^^^ I love my new Active 2 watch but after running intervals yesterday and trying to figure out how to set up a manual timer, I was pretty frustrated and I think I may go back to my Garmin for training...which is kind of a bummer since I got the Active 2 to replace the Garmin.  But if you do a software build specifically for interval training (and include that the watch face will stay on during the workout) I would forever be a loyal customer.

Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

My training partner and I are roughly the same age and same level of fitness. We do HIIT classes together and have started running together during the lockdown. Our running stats are similar but when we do HIIT, her Apple watch is showing that she is burning roughly a third more calories than what I'm showing on the Galaxy Active 2 using the circuit training setting. This info is absolutely incorrect and I fully expected Samsung to have sorted this out. 

If they have settings for beach volleyball, archery, hang gliding and disc throwing then surely it's not too much to ask for a HIIT setting.