Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active 2 Weather App and Widget

(Topic created on: 14-10-2019 07:56 AM)
Wingnutz
Apprentice
Options

Active 2 connected to S7 Edge. Weather on Active 2 doesnt update as per schedule set on Weather app on phone (hourly).

Watch and phone fully upto date with all updates. Location permissions (high accurancy granted). The only way I have found to get the weather on the watch to update is to manually disconnect and reconnect from the phone. This would appear to force the watch app to read the weather data from the phone. I have read several other posts detailing problems with the Weather app but can see no definative solution to the issue.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Wingnutz
Apprentice
Options

Ok so an update to the issue....

I would appear that the weather on the watch will update if the watch records a workout that involves GPS (walking etc).

Manually requesting a weather update on the watch however results in the app closing or hanging with a spinning update wheel.

Ideas anyone on who to proceeed ???

Watch weather app version 4.3.183

S7 Edge weather app version 1.5.7.38

0 Likes
Rib397
First Poster
Options

I have the same setup, S7 Edge and Active 2 watch. I have tried everything suggested but the weather app will not update automatically nor manually. My wife also has the same combination but her watch updates. I can't determine any setup differences but there must be one. Samsung suggested clearing data and cache on the apps but didn't work for me. 

0 Likes
Wingnutz
Apprentice
Options

Recently upgraded to a galaxy s10. Could never get weather to work on the s7 edge. Everything now working perfectly. Would suggest it's a comparability issue with older versions of andriod maybe.