Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active 2 ECG function in UK

(Topic created on: 05-01-2020 06:18 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Has anyone got anything in writing from Samsung that the ECG function will ever be switched on in the UK. I understand US customers might see this appear in q1 2020 as close to FDA approval.

I'm considering lifting my boycott of Samsung products (after the lack of Samsung pay on the s2 debacle) but won't do so unless there is evidence that the feature on its way 

14 REPLIES 14
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@ewanstancarr wrote:

Has anyone got anything in writing from Samsung that the ECG function will ever be switched on in the UK. I understand US customers might see this appear in q1 2020 as close to FDA approval.

I'm considering lifting my boycott of Samsung products (after the lack of Samsung pay on the s2 debacle) but won't do so unless there is evidence that the feature on its way 

I would also like to know when the ECG will be turned on. The watch has been available for quite some time now, and yet that function has not yet been released to customers. 

Anyone got any info? 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

You might be better waiting for the Withings-scanwatch. If I was a betting man it wouldn't surprised me if the ECG function wasn't this year (if at all). Technical support had no info when I asked 

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

I also asked and they had no info - that was two weeks ago. 

ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Not entirely unexpected. As stated previously Samsung has form doing this. Unless its on the feature at launch best to only buy if the price seems fair without that feature.

https://www.gsmarena.com/electrocardiogram_feature_on_galaxy_watch_active2_delayed_but_is_coming-new...

Sigma501
Apprentice
Options

In the UK the Samsung Watch Active 2 4G is also supported on Vodafone.

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

There may be hope yet !!

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-announces-blood-pressure-monitoring-application-for-galaxy-w...

ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options
Don't hold your breath for rest of world though 😁
Jon7703
Pioneer
Options

I was advised by a Customer care Manager that it was going live on 1st June via OTA update to the watch.  Typically of Samsung both never happened.  When I called them back they said they did not have a date as yet.  Thus all the hype and promises made last year were just another demonstration of Samsung stating false information in order to obtain sales. Regrettably I have learnt the hard way, if someone at Samsung is opening their mouth, your about to be lied to or missed.  I have to congratulate Samsung on the ability to fool us all into believing them.

I am a disabled military veteran and pre-ordered the watch immediately it was available.  Nearly 2 months post the release date and only with the intervention of PayPal,  I finally received the watch.  During that period I received emails confirming dates when I would receive it, only for nothing to appear.  Don't hold your breath for the ECG Functionality,  with the Active Watch 3 due out shortly,  Samsung will be busy thinking up more lies and falsehoods to get us to buy that. And there's me thinking Apple were bad, Samsung is purely about profit and ***** its customer (loyal customers) base 

ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

I feel very sorry for you. I was an early adopter of the Samsung s2 classic which was heavily marketed as supporting /would support Samsung Pay. It never did in the UK and I was fobbed off. If I had the time and resolve I would have taken them to court (I would have won) 

I have effectively boycotted Samsung as they treat their customers with disdain. They sell you products at a price that reflects the marketed features... not those available. A company to avoid 

0 Likes