Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active 2 4G compatibility with UK mobile networks

(Topic created on: 17-10-2019 05:52 AM)
Technik21
Apprentice
Options

I'm considering purchasing the new Active 2 4G watch, but just discovered that it is only compatible with either EE or Vodafone networks in the UK. 

I am currently on the Three network, and would like to be able to use the 4G features with this provider.

Is this the case? or will there be support with all UK mainstream providers in the pipeline for the Active 2 watch?

Thanks all....

15 REPLIES 15
AndrewL
Options
@Technik21: At the moment the Galaxy Watch Active 2 4G model is only compatible with the EE network in the UK, and there's currently no news on whether it will be available through Three. Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.
0 Likes
Technik21
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL: Thanks for your reply.

I am still confused about this, as I just contacted Samsung UK for confirmation, and they said that the Active 2 4G watch is unlocked to all UK mobile networks.

Being that the watch is not released yet, I’m just hoping this might be the case?

Fingers crossed!  :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed: :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Pampoo
Pioneer
Options

Hi Mate! 

Yes, they're correct. 

The Galaxy Watch Active 2 are unlocked in any network and it will only depends on the Network Providers if they do support E-SIM on their end. As of the moment, it seems that the official network which has an E-SIM are the EE and Vodafone here in UK. 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Technik21
Apprentice
Options

Ah I see now.

Well hopefully this will become mainstream soon.

Thanks for your help........

0 Likes
DD20
Journeyman
Options

Wrong

Spent 1 week on calls to Samsung & Vodafone daily, after many hours wasted & arguing my way to speak to senior staff, Samsung & Vodafone staff now say the Samsung Active 2 watch is not supported on the Vodafone network in the UK.., this is not mentioned on the Samsung website when one purchases the Active 2 watch.., im sure 1000's of people have spent hours wasting their valuable time like i have...., this is absolutely unacceptable, & there are laws in the UK that protect consumers against poor service, false information & faulty goods...., i will be putting in a claim against Samsung, & if anyone else wants to claim, please respond & i will pass on details....., if this post is not allowed, or taken down, ive made a copy & will also communicate to the consumer rights group that Samsung does not bother to answer anyone on the forum, but obviously monitors it?

Icky
First Poster
Options

Yes please. I would like this information. I have spend weeks going in circles from Vodafone to Samsung and back again. I went in to vodafone store who said Vodafone do not support. Not very happy

0 Likes
Chris_UK
Explorer
Options

There is a workaround (but its not ideal) ...you can connect to Vodafone if you use the Wearable app on iOS. When you re-pair the watch with your Android phone the watch is still connected to the Vodafone network.

You need a friend who will let you put your sim in their Iphone.

I have an Active 2 connected to Vodafone 4G now.
0 Likes
Icky
First Poster
Options

I know this is what I have done. Makes me laugh that you need an iPhone to connect a samsung watch to the network. But you cant do it using a samsung device. 

0 Likes
TheNorthy
First Poster
Options

DD20, yes I would like to be part of that. I've had exactly the same issue with O2 - so I'd just want to be included in your complaint to Samsung. Nothing about incompatability with different service providers in their blurb, just 'use the watch without the phone, no issues!'. Another case of Apple trying to squeeze the market as the later comments about linking via an Apple device.....

Thanks.

0 Likes