Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD fails while Heart Rate monitor gets stuck on (Galaxy watch 42mm)

(Topic created on: 21-11-2019 03:24 PM)
JJeremy
Apprentice
Options

Recently got the Galaxy Watch 42mm and it's working great so far. Just one annoying issue. I have AOD turned on and auto HR set to frequent. Sometimes the Always On Display will turn off. When this happens I also notice that while the screen is off the heart rate sensor is constantly flashing on my wrist. If I turn the screen back on then it will seem to work by eventually going back into AOD mode, but then a few minutes later the screen will turn off again. I can fix this by taking the watch off of my wrist, waiting for the HR to stop flashing (takes a few seconds), and putting it back on. But this only fixes it for a few hours.

Do Not Disturb is off. Cinema mode is off. Night mode is off.

I've tried chainging HR mode to always and it has no effect. I tried rebooting the watch, no effect.  Tried resetting, no effect.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
JJeremy
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone else have this issue? It seems like a software problem, would the recent update fix it (I've not got it yet)? Or do I need a replacement? If I need a replacement, would this be covered by the warrenty?

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
HI @JJeremy

Looks like a software issue but it's difficult to say without checking the watch further. Would you be able to send error logs through the Samsung Members app? The logs will be sent to our developers who can diagnose this further:

On the watch, make sure that Settings > About Gear > Report Diagnostics > Toggle On.
On your phone, launch ‘Galaxy Wearable App’ > More (3 dots) > Contact us > Error Reports > Input Symptoms > SEND.

Make sure you do this within 15 minutes of the issue, and before restarting either of the devices or the logs will be lost. It might take a few days for the developers to get back to you, depending on the volume of logs they are dealing with. They'll inform you through the Members app on the next steps.
0 Likes
JJeremy
Apprentice
Options
Thanks! I'll make sure to do this next time it occurs. Keep in mind there's nothing to notify me when this happens so I'll need to look at my watch regularly until I see it blank, but I'll do my best.
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Cheers, I understand it's quite tedious. But I appreciate this, especially since our developers would be really interested in getting the error logs and looking through them for this issue.
0 Likes
JJeremy
Apprentice
Options
Hi Jeremy.

Hope you're doing well, and apologies for the delay. We've had a look at your error report and it does show there wasn't any movement, which will result to the AOD going away. It will appear while the device picks up movement.

^AM

Is there a way to dissable this "feature"? Why does the heartrate blink constantly when the AOD is off? Why is it not picking up movement? Is my device faulty?

@SaudA 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried setting Auto HR to 'Frequent' to see if that helps at all?
0 Likes
JJeremy
Apprentice
Options
I had it on that setting already. I've tried it on "always" too and it still randomly turns off the AOD.
0 Likes