Can anyone help as I miss this feature

Thank you

0 Likes
Go to solution
29 REPLIES 29
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @Sleep-wake , welcome  on the forum... Badly,  you can't setup the sleep-wake on a Galaxy Tab  A 2019 because the tablet doesn't have the proximity sensors  like many others Samsung's products.

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
RoadDog20
First Poster
Options

The next best thing for the missing no wake/sleep function on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019 (SM-T510) is that you can turn on the screen by double tapping it. To activate this feature, you go into “Settings – Advanced features – Motions and gestures” and turn on “Double tap to wake”.

Jake11
First Poster
Options

Just saying, my 2019 tab A does have a proximity sensor. How would it be able to do adaptive brightness. My case has the same problem, it turns on my tablet. But just saying my 8" (inch) samsung galaxy tab A has a proximity sensor, it's just you can't see it. It is well hidden on the right side of the tablet.

0 Likes
Jake11
First Poster
Options
My samsung phone and tablet both have pro I ity sensors. You just can't see it on the tablet because it is well hidden. Just saying I have Samsung galaxy s6 and samsung galaxy tab A 2019 version.
Thanks
Jake
0 Likes
Jake11
First Poster
Options
Sorry I meant proximity when u said pro I ity.
0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options

I think you replied  to me by mistake. I dont own galaxy Tab A 2019. I own galaxy Tab A 10.5 and galaxy tab A 10.1.  So yours supports wake/sleep  function? 

0 Likes
Lahawk
First Poster
Options

The 2019 Tab A will enter sleep mode when case is closed. I have This case from Amazon 
The 2019 Tab A will not awake with any case, but a simple screen double tap easily wakes up the tablet.
They have replaced the proximity captor with double tap.. You'll need to enable double tap in Settings / Advanced

0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options

Think you replied  to me by mistake.  I own tab A 10.1 and Tab A 10.5 and both support wake/sleep feature. Also I own tab s5e and it supports this feature to. 

0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options

Galaxy tab A 2019 doesn't support that feature. Why i don't know. Samsung should have included that feature. 

0 Likes
WalOl
First Poster
Options

We've has this tablet for 3 years and didn't konw about the double tap activate feature until now! 😐
Thanks for adding this comment :smiling-face:

0 Likes