Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring of pictures from camera to tablet.

(Topic created on: 09-10-2019 10:49 AM)
Martc99
First Poster
Options

I have tried to transfer my camera photos from a SD card using a SD card reader, at first my Galaxy A3 10.1 tablet recognised the card reader but I couldn't  transfer the files. My problem now is that the tablet no longer recognises it as a card reader but as another charger. What has happened and how do I transfer my pictures without using blue tooth, which takes ages?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AntS
Options

Hi @Martc99 , 

I'm guessing that you're connecting your card reader via USB. If so, check which USB mode you've got selected when you've got the card reader connected: pull down the Notification panel, look for the USB option, and click on it to bring up the different mode options, which will appear a little like this:

usb-options.gif

'Transfer files' or 'Transfer images' should be the mode you need.

Let us know how it goes! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Martc99
First Poster
Options

Hello Ants,
Thanks for the help. I have done what you proposed but only the two top lines are available to me: Connected to device and This tablet. Nothing else is available. Any other solutions?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Martc99 , No worries. :smiling-face:

Any joy by enabling Developer Mode and adjusting the USB options through that?

Enabling Developer Mode: Settings > About Tablet > Software Information > [tap on 'Build number' seven times]. 'Developer options' should now appear at the bottom of the main Settings menu.

In 'Developer options', scroll down to 'USB Configuration' to bring up the list of options, e.g.:

USB Configuration.JPG

0 Likes
Martc99
First Poster
Options

Hello AntS,

I have tried what you have suggested, but to no avail. I cannot see how to transfer the pictures from the USB. With the USB connected through the charging point the pad still thinks it's a charger. Any other suggestions? 

Regards

Martc99

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Martc99 , No worries. Any other storage USB devices you can test with the tablet to see if the same thing happens with them?

0 Likes