Support

Open search

Tablet resizes wallpaper in vertical and horizontal mode

Highlighted
First Poster

Hello!

I have a question about a problem I ran into recently. While setting a wallpaper on my Galaxy TAB S5e, I get to move it around, resize, etc. However the problem I ran into is that I can only adjust the wallpaper in horizontal or vertical mode (depending on the tablet's current orientation) and not both at the same time. As a result, when I adjust how the wallpaper should look in horizontal mode, it works only in that orientation. If I choose to use my device in portrait mode, the wallpaper just zooms in the middle of the picture, which most of the time doesn't look great. When I set my wallpaper in vertical mode however, it works in that orientation, but not quite in landscape. The device just takes the already zoomed fragment of the picture and stretches it to fit the screen in horizontal mode, resulting in even lower resolution. 

What I'd like my tablet to do is either allow me to adjust the wallpaper in both modes at the same time, or allow me to set it in vertical mode and use the entire picture in horizontal.

Is there any way (be it app or program) that would allow me to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL Moderator
@Vequa: I have had a look into this for you and I experienced the same issues when using Gallery images as wallpaper, but not with standard Wallpapers. Its strange, because I had a quick go on the Note 10 and on there it only flips the UI but leaves the image in place. Sadly I don't have a workaround for this other than to recommend that you opt for one of the default Wallpaper designs.
First Poster
Thanks for your reply! The problem for me as well only occurs when using images from the gallery. I hope it's patched soon.
Top Liked Authors