Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S6 Spen issues

(Topic created on: 13-12-2019 01:33 PM)
Scott17
Apprentice
Options

Is anyone else having issues with the tab  S6 Spen where it draws without the nib actually touching the screen? It's making it pretty unusable and the main reason for purchasing this tablet was for the Spen and ability to fill out and sign documents without the need of printing. I've tried changing the nib in the pen and nothing fixes it the closest fix I've found is pressing on the nib really hard but that only fixes it for a minute at most. 

33 REPLIES 33
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Scott17

Are you still having issue with the S Pen? Is this happening regardless of which app you are using? Can you try resetting it:

Attach the S Pen to the S Pen’s charging groove. Then, open the Air action setting screen and tap 3 Dots for more options → Reset S Pen.
Scott17
Apprentice
Options

@SaudA wrote:
Hi @Scott17

Are you still having issue with the S Pen? Is this happening regardless of which app you are using? Can you try resetting it:

Attach the S Pen to the S Pen’s charging groove. Then, open the Air action setting screen and tap 3 Dots for more options → Reset S Pen.

I have tried resetting it once, and it was a fix for all of 30 seconds, it seems to be any app that I use has the issue. But it's also temperamental so since your reply, I've had a 50/50 mix of it working for a period and then being unusable at the same time. Little bit stumped the best fix I've been able to find is like I said pressing hard on the nib what cures it for a brief period. 

ShuaSwan
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Happening on my note 10, as well. 

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Sorry for the late reply @Scott17

Let's try the hardware test: Apps > Samsung Members > Get help > Interactive > S Pen. Do the checks, and let me know how you get on. Cheers!

@ShuaSwan Can you also try following the same steps? Let me know how you get on. 

Cami99
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, i bought the Tab s6 2 days ago and i have the same problem. I reseted the Spen too and nothing seems to be working.

I even turned off the air commands because it was quite annoying and they still seem to be active.

Reepix
First Poster
Options

New top model S6 less than a week old, same issues. S pen thinks I'm touching the screen and tries to scroll when its still an inch off the screen,sometimes doesn't register when I do touch pen to screen and i can't click on links with it because it moves the page when I get close to the screen, extremely frustrasting!

Cami99
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately I live in a small country and not in the EU, Spens aren't available here so I couldn't buy a new one.
What I had to do is stop charging the Spen, just make it useful to take notes.
It still has issues but it will stop scrolling the screen on it's own and you will be able to use the pen normally again; Air commands won't work though.
0 Likes
H529
First Poster
Options

I was having the same problem and tried something a bit different. I had heard that pulling the tip out and resetting it seemed to work, however, the problem came back. So - don't laugh - I decided to try to take a small amount off the nib shaft. Using sissors, I cut about a 1/64 of an inch (‪0.396875‬ mm) from the shaft and reinserted the nib. I did a pen recal and now it seems to be working great! I know it sounds crazy, but it worked!

h

jriveraespejo
Student
Options

I have bought the Samsung S6 the last month, and I have the same issues regarding the S pen.
Regardless of the app, the pen scrolls up and down only by close enough movements (without touching the screen). On note-taking apps, the S pen writes on the document without touching the screen (which I don't want to).
I have reset the S pen 4 times now and the problem persists. I have changed the tip of the S Pen, but the problem persists. I've also tried each of the help pages from Samsung members, but I don't manage to finish the test, because of the S pen scrolling up and down.
Please let me know what are the next steps because I can not believe how your product can be so expensive and not work properly only a month after I bought it.