Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab E to TV

(Topic created on: 17-12-2017 12:32 PM)
Amiech
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

I've just brought a tab e and have a samsung tv, but I'm having trouble working out how to connect the two. I've tried google, but I don't have a screen mirroring option when I pull down the top menu. I assumed that as the tv is samsung, it would be easy to watch things off my tab on the tv. Is there an app I can use? If not, can I buy a lead? That's not the ideal solution, but it would at least allow me to view movies with my kids! 

Thanks in advance 

Amie

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

Hi Amie,

Have a look at this guide ***** for Quick Connect - https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00046375/

0 Likes
Amiech
Journeyman
Options

Hi john, 

I found this guide when I was looking, but I don't have the quick connect option when I pull down my notification panel? 

0 Likes
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

Hi Amie,

It's not on the notification panel itself it's just below the notification panel on the right. Also have you updated the Tab to the latest version of Android? 

0 Likes
Amiech
Journeyman
Options

image.jpg

This is the screen I have? No, I’ve not updated it? I’m new to android, can you tell? Haha! Thank you for trying to help me out, it’s greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
Amiech
Journeyman
Options

I’ve just checked for updates and it is telling me I am up to date 

0 Likes
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@Amiech wrote:

image.jpg

This is the screen I have? No, I’ve not updated it? I’m new to android, can you tell? Haha! Thank you for trying to help me out, it’s greatly appreciated 

Haha Amie we all start somewhere, at the top right hand corner of the screen you'll see the little tile thing, click on that and it'll open all that's available on your notification panel, check if it's there.

To check for updates go into your settings and check for software updates. 

0 Likes
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@Amiech wrote:

I’ve just checked for updates and it is telling me I am up to date 

That's good, it'll just come down the Quick Connect because that model of tablet doesn't have the screen mirroring/share feature.

0 Likes
Amiech
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. I’ve opened up the panel and I get sync and flight mode. I’ve spoken to a Samsung adviser and they’ve told me my product doesn’t have screen mirroring or quick connect capabilities. Gutted. 

John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options
Ah gutted for you Amie, I knew about the screen mirroring but I thought it had Quick Connect, ah well it stops you going around in circles now I suppose.