Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tab A 8 Wi-Fi - SD Card Memory

(Topic created on: 18-10-2019 02:02 PM)
IBrunton
Apprentice
Options

Just bought the Tab A 8" Wifi - how can I combine the SD memory and Tablet memory into one internal memory, which is what I have on my motorola phone. It's the Apps that take up the space and my old Sony's Android version and its 16gb memory was the reason why I upgraded to the Samsung. Is this simply a limitation of the Samsung version of Android?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
IBrunton
Apprentice
Options

I ended up returning the Samsung - didn't like their operating system (And the Overview and Back buttons being the wrong way round) Bought myself the LENOVO YOGA Smart Tab - more than happy with that

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We're not sure what you mean by 'combine' the memory, @IBrunton. Some of your apps can be moved to the SD card but others need to run from the Tablet's main memory and therefore can't be moved. Are you trying to save memory space on the tablet itself?

IBrunton
Apprentice
Options
Apparently it's called Adoptable storage - https://fossbytes.com/android-sd-card-internal-storage-adoptable-storage/
It was introduced on the std version of Android - version 6 - Marshmallow - back in 2015. However, thinking that the Samsung adapted version of Android doesn't include this functionality
0 Likes
Members_3bb8ttx
First Poster
Options
I asked about this but was told by Samsung that Google had removed this option, and Google said that Samsung had removed it. I'm more likely to believe that samsung removed it, because it is still available on the more expensive samsung devices and most samsung phones. I think samsung are trying to force us to buy the higher end tablets...... Lenovo have this option so when I need a new tablet think I will bin samsung
0 Likes
Solution
IBrunton
Apprentice
Options

I ended up returning the Samsung - didn't like their operating system (And the Overview and Back buttons being the wrong way round) Bought myself the LENOVO YOGA Smart Tab - more than happy with that

0 Likes