Support

Open search

Tab 4 S Pen problem after androide 9 update

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Air view and pointer are on on in settings, however they dont work anylonger  on my tab s4.   Anyone else with this problem? How can i fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Ludgri wrote:

Hi Cassy,

thank you for your quick response - I did as you wrote for all S-Pen application as other S-Pen applications like "Translation" doesn´t  works under Andrioide 9.  I get an information that "translation" starts as a background process, however no translation and no air view when hoovering over text. 

I assume you have a Tab S4 wicht Androide 9 an S-Pen works fine?

Exact, everything works nicely in Android or Dex mode...but i am in french language, not supposed to affect ...but can it be ? Just for fun, I try the pen then I have on my Graphic Tablet and it works also on the tablet (but not as s-pen for function) incredible

Did you put  screen protector on your screen ? I check everywhere to find a answer about your problem and nobody have a solution. Your tablet is under warranty, go to Samsung store to ask to repair or change your S-Pen

I found this webpage that explain a lot of things on the S-Pen, check it .

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/sm-t830-tab-s4-s-pen/

Did you try , who knows !!!

Screenshot_20190528-000251_Chrome.jpg

Si j'ai pu vous aider un peu , cliquez sur le POUCE, Si j'ai résolu votre problème cliquez sur Accepter comme solution pour aider ceux qui se posent la même question. Merci
5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Ludgri  

i have french tablet, maybe my translation of the terms is bad...hope not

Empty the cache  in your Airview application to restart it

Parameters/ About  Samsung Pointer /Air View Click on the I for information at the top right choose Stockage then Empty the cache and restart tablet

Tell me if it works, if not I'll check something else

Si j'ai pu vous aider un peu , cliquez sur le POUCE, Si j'ai résolu votre problème cliquez sur Accepter comme solution pour aider ceux qui se posent la même question. Merci
First Poster

Hi Cassy,

thank you for your quick response - I did as you wrote for all S-Pen application as other S-Pen applications like "Translation" doesn´t  works under Andrioide 9.  I get an information that "translation" starts as a background process, however no translation and no air view when hoovering over text. 

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Ludgri wrote:

Hi Cassy,

Exact, everything works nicely in Android or Dex mode...but i am in french language, not supposed to affect ...but can it be ? Just for fun, I try the pen then I have on my Graphic Tablet and it works also on the tablet (but not as s-pen for function) incredible

Did you put  screen protector on your screen ? I check everywhere to find a answer about your problem and nobody have a solution. Your tablet is under warranty, go to Samsung store to ask to repair or change your S-Pen

I found this webpage that explain a lot of things on the S-Pen, check it .

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/sm-t830-tab-s4-s-pen/

Did you try , who knows !!!

Screenshot_20190528-000251_Chrome.jpg

First Poster

Thank you for your time you are of great help, I replaced its tip and now it works fine 😀

Superuser I
Superuser I

@Ludgri 

Happy to read this...Please CLICK on the Thumb ( Likes), like that if people having the same problem it indicate they can find the solution HERE

Top Liked Authors