Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tab S7

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 12:04 PM)
Samsters
Apprentice
Options

**Please help me reach this suggestion atleast to Samsung Tablet Developers and Marketers**

Hey Sammy, If you're reading this, I just want to suggest the pricing and specs for your next generation flagship tablet after the just released Tab s6. If your flagship tablet for 2020 is so called the Tab s7 or whatever, then here are my suggestions.

Samsung Tab s7 (2020)

ROM        RAM        Wi-Fi only         Wi-Fi + 5G
256GB     8GB        $699 ~700         $799 ~800
512GB     12GB       $849 ~850         $949 ~950

------------------------------------------------------

Bigger Battery
Faster Charger
120Hz Display
Larger Display
Better Screen Resolution (4k if possible)
Larger PPI

Better Camera Sensors

Better SoC (on par or better than Apple A Chips)

+New Features

66 REPLIES 66
cheukyin90
Student
Options

I understand why samsung only launch 10.5 model.

Android tablet market is small, there isnt much people willing to spend a lot of money to purchase one.

8 inch would not enough for heavily users; 12 inch would be expensive so Samsung decide to just doing to middle one.

0 Likes
Dacelooper
Explorer
Options

LOL, I'd hate to be your parents around Christmas time. Dear Santa, I'll take a hover bike, a time machine oh, and how about a magic wand. bro,  if you stand any chance of getting what you want you got to stick to things that currently exist. They still just by a small margin have never even made a tablet that was released with the fastest current processor in their smartphone lineup. The Essex was closed but didn't even come with 855 plus. News flash, they're not catching up to Apple overnight.

Honestly I feel like Samsung is going to glaze the right over this request. You didn't say anything original. You just said bigger faster stronger. It takes far more due diligence to understand what that segment actually needs. Versus what it can afford. Tablets are still considered 2-Foot UI. They are handheld devices with mobile Hardware. 4K doesn't make any sense as you won't be able to tell the difference without increasing the screen size by 3 to 4 inches. 

0 Likes
Dacelooper
Explorer
Options
Totally agree, if you're going to produce only one form factor in the tablet Market it makes way more sense to choose the one that doesn't compete with another segment of devices. Anyone who uses a tablet for a good amount of time quickly realizes the screen size does not need to be bigger because you're holding it in your hand! 2 ft ui vs 3 ft ui, they don't need to be as big as laptops!
0 Likes
Dacelooper
Explorer
Options
I would totally appreciate it 16 x 9 4K display. At 12 in that would replace my computer to my tablet my TV and my navigation. But Samsung, if you deliver another 16 x 10 or even worse a giant 3x2 or 4 x 3 device I will definitely run over to Apple.
0 Likes
Dacelooper
Explorer
Options
By the way, giant battery an extremely fast charging doesn't make sense. You get one or the other and that's perfectly satisfactory. Also, if you're going to make request please stick to Hardware that exist. It's hard enough to get them to stop using old processors.
0 Likes
Dacelooper
Explorer
Options
I don't think you're paying attention to Trends. We had 4K a mobile phones almost a decade before 120 hertz was released.
0 Likes
Dacelooper
Explorer
Options
I like that you kept it real! But please ask for one more thing, a 16 by 9 aspect ratio for your 12 inch display
0 Likes
Dacelooper
Explorer
Options
13.3 in, 4K OLED displays have been in production for years , we should ask for that! That way they can't make any excuse about designing a new screen size! LOL
0 Likes
Dacelooper
Explorer
Options
No no, that would be a huge mistake to copy Apple. Apples screen size decisions have been extremely flawed, the only reason they're successful is that no one's competing in the high-end tablet space. We need a competing product for the mini at 8in or 4.88 wide, and a competing product for the 12 in Market. That middle ground of 10 to 11 in is heavily covered by the previous models. Every other model should cover a different segment not repeat the same segment year after year. That's the one Trend that apple is doing right. Anything wider than 4.8 in is difficult for some typing. So the 8-inch model is perfect we could even shrink it down to seven if we change the aspect ratio to 1.2:1. A square is far better suited for compact foot activity. For large productivity I sincerely hope they do not make another Square display with black bars on my movies. Take it up to 16 by 9 at least, at the very least. Or if you want to make me really happy give me 2.4 by 1 anamorphic. Which also happens to be perfect for triple split screen, another ideal use for productivity in the large form factor
0 Likes
Dacelooper
Explorer
Options
What! Are you serious? you might as well just say any size, that is completely not helpful for Samsung. I'll pick for you, 13.3 will be the easiest for them to transition to considering they already exist on the market in 4k OLED form, that way they don't have to waste production cost on creating a new display size...
0 Likes