Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Tab S2 SM-T813 wifi authentication keeps failing after latest Android upgrade

(Topic created on: 26-09-2019 02:11 AM)
DocFar
Journeyman
Options

As soon as my tablet updated to Android 7.0 Kernel 3.10.84-14953299 it keeps dropping off my wi fi and giving authentication errors .

It was working perfectly well before

A Samsung note S9 right next to it has no issues and the same for all my other wifi devices

Any suggestions - other than hard reset??? I would hate to do it and then find I still have the same problem

26 REPLIES 26
TabS-fkd
Student
Options

I've had a new processor, new screen, new power port, software replacement. My TabS2 is still *****e. A 9 year old can see it's not working properly, but not Samsung. 

0 Likes
TabS-fkd
Student
Options

I've had a new processor, new screen  new power port and software replacement  My TabS2 is still *****e. A 9 year old can see it's not working properly, but not Samsung engineers. 

0 Likes
TabS-fkd
Student
Options

At least you got 18 months. My TabS2 hasn't worked properly since I got it. A 9 year old can see it's not working properly  but not Samsung engineers.

0 Likes
TabS-fkd
Student
Options

Absolutely a problem I continue to experience  Samsung blame my WiFi, but it drops other connections.

My TabS2 is also unresponsive, sluggish and hangs regularly. Utter *****e. 

0 Likes
Jesse68
Student
Options

I have the same problem. 

I have the 4g so the internet is not gone. But when I try to cast movies to my TV then I noticed that it have no connection to any WiFi. Turn off and on the WiFi button and it connects to my WiFi again.

A have a Asus Lycra Mesh WiFi. 

Now that added some Sonos speaker it would be greater to have the Samsung Tab S2 SM-T819 be able to keep the WiFi connections.

0 Likes
micsolcon
Apprentice
Options

Do you have the latest system updates installed? Mine started working one day just as silently as it quit working. I suspect that a system update quietly fixed the source of the problem. I've had no issues for the last three to four months with it dropping the wifi connection.

0 Likes
Jesse68
Student
Options
Thank for the tip. But I have the latest update according to Samsung.
0 Likes