Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 & S7 Plus

(Topic created on: 15-12-2019 09:03 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hey Guys,

This is Raj

Firsty let me say, I am well invested in the Samsung ecosystem, I have been using Samsung phones since almost 6 years. Currently, I am using Samsung Galaxy A50 and Galaxy Watch.

Recently, I was in the market searching for a tablet that I would be using to do things like taking notes in class, watch videos, do light work on Microsoft Office. Since, I am a Master's Student. Naturally I was interested in Samsung Galaxy Tab s6.

I visited the store a few times to try the tab and get a really good feeling of how it might be. As expected, there was an Apple experience space nearby to the Samsung on. And there was the Ipad Pro 11 inch & 12.9 inch with Apple Pencil.

I visited the Store quite few times to compare all the tablets.

I felt the Ipad pro 11 inch and 12.9 inch with IpadOs was really good compared to the Samsung Galacy Tab s6 in a lot of ways. I was almost convinced that I was going to buy an Ipad but the Samsung fan boy in me never actually let me go for it. Also the price was too high :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: 

Although Samsung Galaxy Tab s6 has a ton of features and a better value for price there were a few things bothering me.

Main reasons I wasn't ready to buy Samsung Galacy Tab s6:

1. Screen Size: Because of the aspect ration the tablet feel more like an enlarged phone display MAJOR REASON

2. Looks: Samsung is known for their glass sandwich design and have always stood out for me. But the metal shell of this tab with colours offered feels not so premium. 

3. Display Glass: There is a noticeable reflection on the display when using the tablet in a well lit space.

4. Selfie Camera: The camera was not upto the mark. I used it several times and was not satisfied with the results.

5. Samsung Dex: This is a great feature hands down. But the feature are still very early staged. Probably will get better with iterations

So, Here I am asking Samsung to consider my requests for the next Premium Tablet.

1. Beautiful Design like the premium Smartphones, Galaxy S series or Note series.

2. Bigger Screen or Better aspect ratio (Ipad pro 12.9 inch like) Perhaps could launch Tablets with 2 sizes,

"Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7 Plus" ,like the Smartphone lineup.

3. Premium Display glass with low reflectivity.

4. Premium Range Selfie Camera

Additionally

120hz display

Rounder S pen

Better camera sensor for document sacnning

LED Flash for rear camera

20 REPLIES 20
Alessandro972
Explorer
Options

I'm a currente owner of the tab s4, it's a fantastic tab, whith a wonderful display. So I'm going to buy the tab s7 when it will be available because I need more power and also much more ram because the tab s4 (4 GB of ram) refreshes often the apps. I hope that the tab s7 will line up with iPad in some specs, for example the refresh rate of the display. 

I ask to Samsung for the tab s7:

- cpu snapdragon 865, not 855 of tab s6

-at least 8gb of ram on all the versions 

-120 hz display Qhd (2560×1600) or 4k 90hz but I think that the snapdragon 865 doesn't support the last one 

- true tone display (very important)

Dacelooper
Explorer
Options

Aspect ratios that makes sense for most compact productivity (mini) tablets @ 4.8" fixed oled portorait width:

8:7, best for: video phone calls, browser content, compact design, multi screen, everything except TV's and movies in full screen. Which is a worthy sacrifice for iincreased productivity.

1.2:1 (2.4:1x2), all the same perks of 8:7 but can allow for uneven smaller lighter device that seems just as big. May require keyboard redesign to allow for larger visibility in text fields.

Aspect ratios that do not work well for a mini style productivity tablet primarily on portrait mode use:

16:10, does not match any use case scenario...

16:9, perfect for TV and movies but not the primary function of the 7 to 8 in form factor. Much better for medium to large form factors such as 9.5 to 10.5. 

3:2, does not match any use case scenario...

2.4:1 (16:6.66), to consider for smartphone market... to top heavy for tablet width

4:3, still a pinch top heavy and contains vertical screen real estate to spare

0 Likes
Alessandro972
Explorer
Options
The 16:10 aspect ratio was introduced for the tab with the virtual navbar in order to have a 16:9 "interactive" area in landscape... the aspect ratio of 16:9 is not used in the tablet.
0 Likes
spanwar
First Poster
Options

Ya, i also think that 13 inch tablet size should be available. Its will be good for watching videos and movies. Right now only ipad pro 12.9 inch is the option in the market.

Also i think there should be a feature in the box like we have in graphic tablets where we can connect the tablet to the laptop and get whatever we draw on the laptop screen itself. This will help people like me to draw stuff in meetings and explain the stuff quickly.

CandyMan22
First Poster
Options

The biggest advancement I'd most like to see is multiple extended wireless DEX displays. I want to be able to connect my phone or tablet to multiple monitors as well as a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse. If I could have 4-5 screens running off of my mobile device, I could ditch my laptop!

Also, for future tablets and phones, I would really prefer that Samsung go back to fingerprint readers on the BACK of the device rather than through the display. I find it much more convenient and comfortable to place the pad of my index finger on the back where most people naturally hold it anyway.

Toyotadirtdevil
First Poster
Options

So being I see that you are very informed about Samsung Electronics, on my tab S4 how to I get it to auto rotate instead of constantly having to hit the little symbol in the corner? 

Thanks, 

Michael 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Just pull the notifications tab 2 times and you can see the symbol of auto rotate something like this ([]).

Toggle it on and you can just rotate your tablet.

May be for reference follow this link to see a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPv0EeLdNj0 

0 Likes
dax915
First Poster
Options

Honestly, the biggest factor stopping me from buying a Galaxy Tab right now is the screen size. I love the 12.9 in screen on the iPad. I wish Samsung would release a new tablet in this size as well.

0 Likes
Azx27532aO3x_vb
Journeyman
Options

maybe thwere could be a battery saving option to go between refresh rates,

0 Likes
Azx27532aO3x_vb
Journeyman
Options

I totally agree...

0 Likes