Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy J7 phone with dual sim Model: SM-J710F/DS

First Poster

I wish to buy a Galaxy J7 smartphone with dual SIM slots as I often go abroad where I use a local SIM card. I can't find one with the usual phone providers and have found it online with some Amazon sellers & a couple of eBay retailers.  The phones are supposed to be new and the price seems good but the only problem is they tell me the warranty is with Samsung, a 2 year one.  When I bought a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and it seized up after about 5 months I took it back to the High Street retailer and they sent it to Samsung who fitted a new motherboard.  That is the type of warranty I'm used to.  The dual sim phone is not available in local retailers or on their websites so if I wish to buy one I will have to buy online. 

If I buy from one of the online retailers & the phone develops a fault, will Samsung sort it out, free of charge, provided it is still within the two year warranty.

AND

Why am I unable to find a dual sim phone on sale in our phone shops. They are also useful to have if you are having reception problems.

5 REPLIES 5
KellyM Moderator

Hi @PhilD,

The dual SIM J7 is not a UK device, which means it will not be covered under warranty here in the UK. Our engineers would be unable to assist with any repairs. 

Hope this helps.

AntS Moderator

Hi @PhilD.

Just to add to what KellyM said, dual-SIM doesn't tend to be a thing in the UK and Ireland due to the overall coverage from networks here.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

First Poster

@AntS

I really wanted to buy the J7 phone and was pi***d that you don't sell it, or support it in the UK, if I buy it abroad. What happened to globalisation! I have several Samsung items including the Galaxy Tab A and wished to keep to the brand. I am now going to buy a Motororola dual sim phone in the UK and supported in the UK. My affair with Samsung ends here.

First Poster

Update 

First Poster
Top Liked Authors