Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S2 Tablet set up in Chinese

(Topic created on: 04-05-2017 03:37 PM)
chris10
First Poster
Options

hi i just bought a S2 gold tablet but it was set up for chinaese i have got into settings and changed it to english but now i cannot move on i have tried holding down the centre bottom button but nothing happens. please could any one help

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

As I understand the tablet just froze. It's not responding at all. 

In this case try holding together VOL DOWN + POWER buttons for a few seconds. That should force the device to reboot itself. 

If the problem is slightly different and I simply didn't fully understood your question then please explain further. 

Leon24xxx
0 Likes
chris10
First Poster
Options

thanks for reply but thats not the problem the tablet is set up for hongkong and i have managed to put uk English on but i cannot move forward only back and then it reverts back to hongkong help please 

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

YOU NEED TO DO A FACTORY RESET this will revert it back to the very start and allow you to start again if you can not do this you need to visit a Samsung store to have it done.

0 Likes
chris10
First Poster
Options

thank you

0 Likes
Solution
Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

Factory reset . VOL UP + PWR+ HOME. OPTIONIN RECOVERY MENU. 

Hopefully coming from factory it was not Chinese version as it would just reset itself back to Chinese.

Leon24xxx
0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

TBH the language setup is easy it's a long list with the languages listed you just scroll through until you see English (or preferred language) hope that helps you out I do have a link some place to do it virtually if needed. :smiling-face:

Thanks @Leon24xxx I would have had yo look it up on that model.

0 Likes
chris10
First Poster
Options

yes i have done that but i cannot get the home screan up after even though i hpil down the button

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Was you able to start the factory reset and select English?

a more exact guide

1. Press and hold the Volume up button then press and hold the Power button.
    NoteUSB cable must be disconnected.
  2. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Volume up button and Power button.
  3. From the Android system recovery screen, press the Volume buttons to select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.
  4. Press the Volume buttons to select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
  5. Press the Volume buttons to select reboot system now then press the Power button.
    NoteAllow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.
    NoteTo set up the device after completing the factory data reset, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
0 Likes
chris10
First Poster
Options

thank you for kindly trying to help me change the language on my S2 tablet in the end i had to take it to my brothers and he did it for me in a matter of minutes. 

0 Likes