Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play Store apps not optimised for your device?!

(Topic created on: 25-11-2017 11:44 AM)
spinon
Pioneer
Options

Hi Folks,

I keep getting the message 'This app may not be optimised for your device' for various apps on Google Play Store. I have contacted Google about this but not yet had a reply. I have a Galaxy Tab S2 8" (SM-T713) and it is running Android 7.0. An example app is OneSync by MetaCtrl. But if I visit the same app in Play Store using a Nexus 5 device, the message does not appear. The Nexus 5 is running Android 6.0.1. I have tried other things, which would suggest this is not related to Android version. So, that implies that it may be device related. Is anyone else seeing this when using Play Store? 

Thanks in advance.

49 REPLIES 49
Beka_Jo
First Poster
Options

Thank you! I could be able to download the programs.:smiling-face:

0 Likes
Peacejen
First Poster
Options

I'm having this "not optimized" problem and also seeing the "not available" message in some cases. Using Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8".

0 Likes
AnshumanKar
First Poster
Options

Oh gosh. I'm having the same issue. I just happened to come across this answer. Glad that i'm not alone. I don't know the solution but i had read somewhere that this is due to the landscape mode of the tablet..!! 

0 Likes
Fever905
First Poster
Options

I think it just says that regardless unless the developer completes this form and is apprvoed:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/contact/tabletq

0 Likes
Fadil_Tech_Savvy
First Poster
Options

Most of the Play Store applications are designed for smartphones. However they can run on both smartphones and tablets with no issues. These apps are well optimised with the smartphone's software and hardware system. Since these apps do not focus primarily on tablets, they are not that optimised with the tablet's software and hardware as with the smartphones'. This is why that message shows on tablets and not on smartphones. However there is an exception. Most of the games in play store do not show that message on smartphones as well as on tablets. This is because those games are designed for smartphones as well as tablets. If you take an application like 'Facebook' (which is not a game), you will see the message 'This app may not be optimised for your device' on tablets.

I hope it helps.

0 Likes
Samy7
First Poster
Options

I have the galaxy tab a10.1 with android 10 which is latest and still i see some apps on playstore not optimized for this device. Turns out i'm not alone with this problem but something should be done about this problem soon.

0 Likes
critterskcb
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
ristian
First Poster
Options

Usually, the problem is due to a soft update that was done in the wrong way.

0 Likes
PAT123
First Poster
Options
Maybe im being a bit too suspicious, But Google is American and Samsung is South Korean,hmmmm
0 Likes
Drewtiger13
Apprentice
Options

depends on who you're being suspicious of... I have lived and worked in both S Korea and the US, & have to say, unfortunately,  suspect the Americans! there is so much corruption in American businesses, where people are held accountable,  while in Korea, the still have a strong sense of civil/social responsibility and a DEFINITE tendency to call people on their BS! you don't see Korean businesses outsourcing to China, claiming it's so cost-effective, knowing that the product they get from China is often defective, and can't be sold, yet they can't get their money back from the china!

0 Likes