Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Internet connection issues Tab A

(Topic created on: 26-12-2016 06:38 PM)
JL
First Poster
Options

Bought 7" Tab A and cannot get Internet connection.  It gets stuck on 'connecting'.  When I reset and/or reboot modem and tab I might get a connection for a matter of seconds then lose it again.  Been on to provider, Virgin, who tried to help but to no avail.  Even got a replacement one today but exactly same problem.   Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Helen_C
First Poster
Options

I was having same problem.  Turned out to be the router combined with the Amazon Fire stick.  We are with Virgin Media and managed to upgrade to their new superhub and problem was solved immediately.  Before that Amazon Prime stick interferred with connection so we unplugged that if not watching but with the new router everything is back to normal.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hey JL! We hope you had a nice Christmas!

Have you tried connecting your Tab to another Wi-Fi network? Are there any software updates available for your Tab? Settings > About Device > Software Update > Update Now. 

EmmaS

0 Likes
Chrissy
First Poster
Options
Sorry to say I have similar problem mine only connects to Virgin if I reboot I checked to make sure cable was loose which it was has been better since tightened
0 Likes
Solution
Helen_C
First Poster
Options

I was having same problem.  Turned out to be the router combined with the Amazon Fire stick.  We are with Virgin Media and managed to upgrade to their new superhub and problem was solved immediately.  Before that Amazon Prime stick interferred with connection so we unplugged that if not watching but with the new router everything is back to normal.

0 Likes