Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home key malfunction - tab3

(Topic created on: 29-01-2017 03:48 PM)
Crisp
First Poster
Options

Hi,

When pressing and holding the home key I get an error message "unfortunately the process com,android.ui has stopped", the wallpaper goes to black, then it goes to the "swipe to unlock" screen.

I therefore cannot see the list showing my open apps that show be displayed on pressing and holding the home key.

I did a factory data reset and no change.

Any help appreciated .

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

Sounds more like a hardware issue. If its under guarantee return it if you can as its not fit for the purpose it was advertised as. if they get funny go to citizens advice they can get you to see a consumer solicitor to help you out.

G G
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi there, Crisp:smileyhappy:

Usual way to sort that is: Settings > Application Manager > All > Android.ui > Clear Cache, and Clear Data. You could try that, but it's odd that a full factory reset didn't sort it. If it still doesn't work, are you able to get to a Support Centre to have it checked out? 

0 Likes
Crisp
First Poster
Options

Hi  thanks  for the reply. 

Settings > Application Manager > All > Android.ui

This does not exist, least ways not on this tablet. There is no entry for Android.ui listed within Application  Manager.

😞

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

If your tabs under warranty send it back for a replacement or you COULD well end up with a reconditioned devices

G G
0 Likes