Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Play Services not working on my Samsung Tab A6 Tablet!

(Topic created on: 13-10-2017 07:59 PM)
LydiaAries
Student
Options

Hi there,

My tablet stopped working out of the blue since Sunday night!

The message below started popping up every second, no matter how many times I closed it or sent feedback.

All Google apps stopped working, my Gmail hasn't been updated since 8/10 and I cannot even updates my apps from PlayStore.

Help!

IMG_20171013_193113937.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @LydiaAries

With some devices you can clear the System Cache which is typically performed by shutting down the device and following a series of button presses to enter the file system. 

A last resort is to create a Back-Up and Factory Reset. 

After that a Samsung Service Location would need to take a look. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @LydiaAries

With some devices you can clear the System Cache which is typically performed by shutting down the device and following a series of button presses to enter the file system. 

A last resort is to create a Back-Up and Factory Reset. 

After that a Samsung Service Location would need to take a look. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

LydiaAries
Student
Options

Thank you!

0 Likes
Francis47
First Poster
Options

I keep getting the message Google play station has stopped.  Nothing i try,excluding sending a message with the prompt works. Please help 

0 Likes
Lollywood14
First Poster
Options

What are the button presses needed please to sort out the Google services bit working.

0 Likes
Audrey67
First Poster
Options

@LydiaAries wrote:

Hi there,

My tablet stopped working out of the blue since Sunday night!

The message below started popping up every second, no matter how many times I closed it or sent feedback.

All Google apps stopped working, my Gmail hasn't been updated since 8/10 and I cannot even updates my apps from PlayStore.

Help!  

I found manually searching play store and avoiding play services helped massively to reduce corruption. My Google accounts so badly hacked that with Google support I was still unable reclaim accounts and, whilst they were active. 

Also, keeping apps on only the actual phone system screen helped massively to reduce corruption, if I download an app, I quickly before opening it move it from the screen it lands on to the phone system screen, the circle with dots. I have actually gone into app settings and disabled Google's abilities to over write system settings on all of them, even disabling many unused apps and manually searching updates keeps apps I've retained functional.

I installed Facebook via  duckduckgo I choose as search engine in chrome app (a little separate from main google.) from a search, switched off Google's trackers for chrome in Google settings and now searches are private.

My phone screen kept flashing update this and that via play services and was lethal to dab on those messages and nearly always a manual Google play search revealed apps deign needing play services update actually didn't manually searching.

Play services would dump a download just on accessing about version. My device  was ruined and on newer one it all began again hence all of the above. Photos, drive, Etc still work not overwriting my phone system and Facebook definitely less outside meddling with my privacy settings but I've an important feature disabled and that contacts  are not stored on device, but I'm happy with this as my calls out were getting corrupted with misdirected destinations before.

I'm shop for phones which definitely have not sniffed a Google search engine/services and my list from a subsidiary connected to duckduckgo with different platforms useful, the duckduckgo also has developer sites which teach how to rid Google from an android. My Acer tablet part way to such but I think I need a bigger understanding base to progress easier.

I absolutely dislike Google and an learning how to wipe it From my life, I need funding for something better than the Amazon fire 16GB. Thing. 

Regards 

Audrey Taylor.

IMG_20171013_193113937.jpg

0 Likes
fixer
First Poster
Options

hi, my samsung tab has the google services error constantly flashing on screen. can someone please suggest how i might recover normal services, please.

0 Likes
glinfoot
First Poster
Options

Could you please explain what you mean by " following a series of button presses to enter the file system. "  I have no idea how to do that.  I also do not know how to do a backup on a tablet.  Sorry, a newby here,  glinfoot

0 Likes
Sussex
First Poster
Options

My tab A6 will not load anything as Google services app has stopped working 

0 Likes
JJ51
First Poster
Options

I had the exact situation the same day.

0 Likes