Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy tab s4- how to disable screen turn off when the keyboard comes off.

(Topic created on: 05-09-2018 06:20 PM)
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

when I remove the tablet from the keyboard, the devices screen will turn off. I already know there is now way to disable this, But I was just hoping to raise awareness towards this topic. I think this would help. alot

Go to solution
47 REPLIES 47
snug
Journeyman
Options

Oh, right okay excuse me then. My apologies I was wrong.

Wonder when this tablet update will get to Australia. As I am keen to get this problem sorted  

Absolutely agree with Samsung being hopeless. 

Already telling my wife to not bother with the new Samsung tab s5e and instead go for an ipad. 

0 Likes
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

an update for your keyboard, i got that too, but what you need is a UI update

0 Likes
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

There was an update to your keyboard, yes. but the UI update is what changed it for me.

0 Likes
VISCR
First Poster
Options
Hi, Could you help me on this please. When I close my S4 Samsung keyboard the screen does not get turned off automatically. I have to turn it off by the key on the side. I couldn't locate any control in software to enable this. Thanks
0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@VISCR

I couldn't locate any control in software to enable this

For now this is the only way to turned off the screen, don't look further. I know new updates are coming to the Tab S4, Tab S5e, J3 Prime 2017, J3 2018 (Pie) too but I just don't know WHEN...I am waiting for it also...maybe it will resolve our problem , who knows !

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
snug
Journeyman
Options

There does not seem to be a way to program the screen to auto shutdown/lock upon closing the samsung case, like you can with an ipad. It's one of the oversights of the Tablet.

From what I've heard/watched on a video/article somewhere the hardware doesn't have what is needed to support that function, which is disappointing.

Also is anyone else still waiting for that update that prevents the screen from shutting off when the keyboard disconnects? I know some have gotten it and it's fixed it, but I'm in Australia and constantly check for the updates, but theres been nothing since December 2018.

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@snug 

There does not seem to be a way to program the screen to auto shutdown/lock upon closing the samsung case, like you can with an ipad. It's one of the oversights of the Tablet.

I have this feature on my others tablets and still think it's a programmation problem and i hope this will be resolve with a update

Also is anyone else still waiting for that update that prevents the screen from shutting off when the keyboard disconnects? I know some have gotten it and it's fixed it, but I'm in Australia and constantly check for the updates, but theres been nothing since December 2018.

The way to receive keyboard's update is different. When your tablet is ON and your keyboard is connect to the Pogo plugs, 

Just raise (unplug) your keyboard from the Pogo plugs, wait 10 secondes and plug your keyboard again, if a keyboard's update is available, a small window will open in the center bottom of the screen, click on it to update

Sorry for my english...hope it help

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
Jay-F-OnSamCom
First Poster
Options

This issue started off as a complaint that tablet would like whenever it would be removed from keyboard cover, and asking for an option to make it not lock.

When android pie came out, the tablet no longer locks when it's removed from the keyboard covery, however, there's no option.

I object to this and would like to see an option added soon.  I use my tablet in a very secure environment, and whenever I remove the tablet from the keyboard, I want it to auto lock like it used to.  If I need to quickly unlock it, I do it with the fingerprint reader.

Basically, in responding to a request from some users, it made things worse fo other users.  The original request is to make the locking behavior an option.  I would like to see it implemented as an option.

Thank you,

0 Likes