Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy tab s4- how to disable screen turn off when the keyboard comes off.

(Topic created on: 15-05-2019 06:54 AM)
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

when I remove the tablet from the keyboard, the devices screen will turn off. I already know there is now way to disable this, But I was just hoping to raise awareness towards this topic. I think this would help. alot

47 REPLIES 47
Solution
ksbanderson
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone! Exciting news!!! I just now got a notification on my Tab S4 saying a keyboard firmware update was available. Low and behold, this issue is now fixed!!!!

It popped up as a notification in the lower part of the screen, strangely enough (not an Android notification).

This comes a week after i got the Android Pie update as well.

Regards,

Just a random stranger from the internet.

AtiwitW
Apprentice
Options

Wow! That is great news. Now I can seamlessly switch back and forth between typing and drawing on my notes. Thank you Samsung. 

0 Likes
The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

Not a clue how long it took, but switching between tablet and dex are a breeze now. honestly, i didn't hate how it wasnt an option in the past, but now I dont really care. Mainly because I like it now.

0 Likes
snug
Journeyman
Options

That's strange, I also got an update for my keyboard, but I still find whenever it disconnects, the screen turns off. I am not entirely sure what's been changed with the update, only thing I'm finding is that the double letter occurence is (so far) solved.

0 Likes
Neo314
Apprentice
Options

Got it! Awesome.

0 Likes
AzH
Apprentice
Options

I received an update but still same old issue. Screen turns off when keyboard is disconnected.

0 Likes
Neo314
Apprentice
Options

There was a Tablet update, but this is different. Do you see an update pop-up at the bottom of the screen after attaching the keyboard?

0 Likes
Winter_mute
Apprentice
Options

Same for me - I got the keyboard firmware update, but did not get tablet firmware update yet, and the screen is turning off each time when I disconnect the keyboard.

Probably they had to change something in the tablet firmware as well to make it not to interrup each time when we disconnect the keyboard, and while the tablet firmware is not updated it is not working as it should be.

0 Likes
snug
Journeyman
Options

Yeah. Sorry but whoever is in charge of popping that green 'Solved' tick on the main question on page 1.

Could it please be removed? As far as I'm seeing, it hasn't been solved at all... 

0 Likes
Solution
AzH
Apprentice
Options

Mine is also now fixed.

When I initially downloaded the keyboard firmware update that didn't fix it.

Then I got an update to the tablet software and that has now resoled the issue......FINALLY!

I think you will need to wait for both (keyboard and tablet) software updates but hopefully it will be fixed soon for you too.

I will say that Samsung has been absolutely hopeless at acknowledging this major flaw in the first place and what  rubbish communication from them that even though there is a fix available they can't even communicate to people on this forum how/when it will fix.

0 Likes