Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy TabPro S overheating

(Topic created on: 07-05-2018 01:22 AM)
Fsalt
Student
Options

I have my tablet for more than a year without problems. 

Today, without a reason  the top right corner is overheated and the screen shut down.

It's not even on the charger and continues to be extremely hot.

28 REPLIES 28
UK_Deano
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue!

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @UK_Deano and @Fsalt. Can you both confirm which version of Windows you're currently running? Have you been using the original charger that came supplied with the Tab?  Were you using any particular app or program at the time? 

0 Likes
UK_Deano
First Poster
Options

@CarlH  Thanks for your quick reply.  I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (Build 17134.1).  Normally using Facebook on Chrome can cause this, but when I upgraded to the latest version of Windows this week, the Tab shutdown 4 times due to a thermal event while installing.  Also I use Virtual DJ, and the tab has overheated a few times.  It gets very hot on the back right corner, then just shuts down.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks @UK_Deano. Have you tried running in Safe Mode? This link will provide you with the details on how to do this. 

Sab369
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I just got the same problem. I have the tab about a year now. I use Windows 10 and only original supply. I didn't run any App or program when it happened. Where there any advise what to do?

Thanks 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The device will be covered by a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty as long as the device has not been dropped or water has got into the device. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AFerraraLAC
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I just got the same problem. Any news?? I have tried also changing the battery but no improves come... Thanks

0 Likes
Sab369
Apprentice
Options

I had to bring it to the Samsung service and they fixed it within the warranty. But they didn't say what it was.

AFerraraLAC
Apprentice
Options
Thanks! I tried as you suggested...
0 Likes