Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab won't unlock

(Topic created on: 24-07-2019 11:27 AM)
RobinElvin
Apprentice
Options

I am unable to get into my tablet after leaving it on charge. The unlock requires a PIN and biometrics are unavailable until next time. I enter my PIN and it just takes me back to the lock screen. It looks like the PIN unlock is crashing.

Because the PIN unlock doesn't work I can't reboot or shut down either.

How can I get around this? The battery is at 100% so it'll be over week before it runs out.

70 REPLIES 70
moonsail
First Poster
Options

Had exactly the same problem after an update.   Forced reboot resolved!

Vriant
First Poster
Options

For me, this solution doesn't work! 

Theleslie
First Poster
Options

Great tip. Had the same problem and your solution worked - Thanks.

TorbjornJ
First Poster
Options

The fix doesn't work for me! Any other suggestions?

NicklasAus
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this! Pretty poor Samsung support. Seems like they are not even looking for a fix...hello?

krzemien
Journeyman
Options

I'm glad I'm not the only one...!

Experienced the same problem recently - or at least along similar lines: my tablet (Galaxy Tab S4, that I got only mid-Jun) was left for couple of days connected to the charger. When I tried to use it neither biometric login, nor touchscreen (seemingly) worked. Only forced reboot did the trick.

I was initially worried that it's the touchscreen that started having some issues. But now I'm convinced that it's some kind of authentication bug / vicious loop in the software.

So dear Samsung: Please fix it and do it so urgently please. I (still) do own SONY Xperia Z tablet that I got exactly 6 (six) years ago and have never experienced similar problem - and never had to force-restart it either.

lucymtan
First Poster
Options
it did not work for me. it did not power down or reboot. pls help. I cant log in to my tablet
bsunkow
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy Tablet A 8inches model SM-T380 does not recognise the password, it goes blank.  I have tried to power+volume option everyone talks about and the option to power off and reset comes on, but I tried the volume to access it and it does not happen.  It has 98% battery charge, which means a whole week of power. help

Uggars
First Poster
Options
Thanks mate, stopped me from pulling what's left of my hair out.
Hatchman
First Poster
Options
This method for rebooting allow me to use my pen again. A system update was the first thing that showed up
Thanks