Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S6 Wifi Dropout

(Topic created on: 07-10-2019 01:01 PM)
Hartleyh
Journeyman
Options

WiFi keeps dropping out of new Galaxy Tab S6, when turning the WiFi button off in settings to try and reconnect the button keeps reverting to off and won't turn back on. I have to reset the tablet to get WiFi back on again which is very annoying. Any ideas anyone? 

36 REPLIES 36
Jim10
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much for your response. Similar to the response I've had from all their departments. Pretty poor show.

Jim 10

RyanCFC8
Apprentice
Options

I sent my device in for repair and samsung said that they could not find any faults with it and when I contacted live chat because I was still having the issues I was told all they could do is send it back in for repair. I am tempted to get in contact with either trading standards or the BBC's Watchdog Program. 

Jim10
Apprentice
Options
  1. Thanks for your last info. Strange that a recent Techradar review didn't pick up the problem. Trading standrds and tv won't help much as they can only go for the retailer. I am delaying my purchse until we hear some good news

Jim10

0 Likes
Bart000
Explorer
Options

Hiya, after what period of time does this start to happen - I bought it yesterday and didn't think to read up before buying.... 

0 Likes
Hartleyh
Journeyman
Options

For me can happen after length of time: sometimes every 20 minutes or so, other times once or twice a day. Hasn't happened for 2 days now. It's very unpredictable really 

0 Likes
Bart000
Explorer
Options

I've been using the tablet non-stop up until today since Saturday afternoon, and it hasn't dropped out yet. I have set it up with WiFi as "Unmetered" connection when first configuring the tablet instead of default "Automatic". 

I have the 256GB WiFi version ASH4 firmware installed.

I live in a 2 storey house, router is downstairs in networking closet and I'm on the 2nd floor. WiFi signal is 80% and I'm getting the full 14ms ping, 76/18 mbps speeds. The router is an Asus RT-AC5300. 

If its drops out after posting this i'm going to cry :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Jim10
Apprentice
Options

Hip hip hooray. Hope it lasts. Could you please let me know tomorrow if it does and I will order 4g version. 

Jim 10

0 Likes
Bart000
Explorer
Options

Still going strong - no issues with WiFi whatsoever. 

I read up XDA that its possible its something to do with specific features enabled on a WiFi network that cause this as for some people it works fine at work but drops out at home. 

Also - T860XXU1ASJ1 is rolling out, possibly with a fix. So far its out in Germany, Canada and Korea. 

0 Likes
Jim10
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. Great detective work. I will now go ahead with purchase.

Jim 10

0 Likes
Rhollo
First Poster
Options

Same here, my second replacement tablet and still the same issue. 

0 Likes