Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S5e Scrolling Issue

(Topic created on: 14-10-2019 08:13 AM)
ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

Hi! I am new to Samsung tablets and have noticed that when scrolling vertically in portrait orentation, the right side of the display moves slightly faster than the left side which gives this jelly/wave effect which is really  annoying. This issue only occurs in portrait orentation and will not occur is landscape. I have had this issue on my very cheap Amazon Fire HD but did not expect it on a £400 tablet. 

I have read a couple of short threads online about a few others experiencing this issue with the Galaxy Tab S4 but I haven't read much about it happening on the Galaxy Tab S5e. 

Does anyone have this issue on their S5e or other Galaxy tablets and does anyone know why it occurs and if there is a solution? 

Thanks 

31 REPLIES 31
michaelmartin1
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have the same problem..

https://youtu.be/6_vq6f9vMoY

I already called the samsung support... I should send the tablet to Samsung Service..

ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

Ah okay. Let me know what the results of the service are. Curious to know if there is a fix or not. 

Thanks,

Ethan

0 Likes
mole51
Explorer
Options

I received my new S5e on Friday and also have this issue. I'm a bit of a screen 'nerd' so seeing this really frustrates me. I've noticed it does also occur in landscape mode but is nowhere near as bad as portrait. It's so bad and noticable I'm thinking of sending the tablet back. Shame because the rest of the tablet is fantastic; I'm still in awe at how amazing the speakers are and the very real surround effect provided by Dolby Atmos. It even plays a 40GB 4k file of Avengers which just looks and sounds incredible. When Thor chucks his hammer on the floor and it goes off the screen towards the right it genuinely sounds like his hammer has hit the right hand wall of my room!

Vu360
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem as well.  Hopefully Samsung will come up with a software fix and update.

Jverdoes
Explorer
Options

I got my S5e today and I have the same screen wobble in portrait. It's fine in landscape but I do most of my browsing and reading in portrait mode.

I had a look at the lesser specced Tab A 10.5 before I chose the S5e and did not notice any screen wobble. My Note 9 doesn't have this issue either.

It's been 2 months since the last post so has anyone above had any feedback from Samsung regarding this issue.

mole51
Explorer
Options

@Jverdoes wrote:

I got my S5e today and I have the same screen wobble in portrait. It's fine in landscape but I do most of my browsing and reading in portrait mode.

I had a look at the lesser specced Tab A 10.5 before I chose the S5e and did not notice any screen wobble. My Note 9 doesn't have this issue either.

It's been 2 months since the last post so has anyone above had any feedback from Samsung regarding this issue.

No updates from Samsung. I even picked up a Tab S4 which was the best android tablet on sale for a considerable time however this also has the same scrolling issue. Now that the Tab S6 is our you might want to try one out in store?

Your Note 9 will also have this issue but will do it in landscape as the signal processor for the screen will be orientated 90 degrees vs tablets because a phone is primarily used in portrait.

Jverdoes
Explorer
Options

@mole51 wrote:

No updates from Samsung. I even picked up a Tab S4 which was the best android tablet on sale for a considerable time however this also has the same scrolling issue. Now that the Tab S6 is our you might want to try one out in store?

Your Note 9 will also have this issue but will do it in landscape as the signal processor for the screen will be orientated 90 degrees vs tablets because a phone is primarily used in portrait.

Thank you for your reply. I checked my Note 9 and there is a very slight wobble but so little that I never noticed it before. Maybe it's not as obvious as on the bigger screens.

I have emailed Samsung Support so I'll wait and see what they say. If this is a normal trait, I'll have to return it.

I will use the tablet mainly for reading in portrait so this will be a big issue for me. It's a pity because the rest of the tablet is great.

I'm going to test the Tab A 10.5 again and see if this is only an issue with the amoled screens. There is no wobble on our Fire HD 10 but scrolling is not as smooth as the S5e.

RpBP
Mastermind
Options

OK lets go, we will need to unblock Developers Options:

We will go to Settings / about Phone / Software Information / in Compilation Number we will press a few time quickly on there(you will have a message on screen with a counter and option will be active when 0 arrive)

Then we will have a new option in Settings, Developers Options, go there and try to found an option called Transition-Animation Scale, try to change to deactivated.

The Landscape-Portrait will be in faster mode, also you can try with 0.5 (soft movement)

I hope I can help you with this cheat, good night to all :four-leaf-clover:

mole51
Explorer
Options

@Jverdoes wrote:

@mole51 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I checked my Note 9 and there is a very slight wobble but so little that I never noticed it before. Maybe it's not as obvious as on the bigger screens.

I have emailed Samsung Support so I'll wait and see what they say. If this is a normal trait, I'll have to return it.

I will use the tablet mainly for reading in portrait so this will be a big issue for me. It's a pity because the rest of the tablet is great.

I'm going to test the Tab A 10.5 again and see if this is only an issue with the amoled screens. There is no wobble on our Fire HD 10 but scrolling is not as smooth as the S5e.

It is a massive pitty because aside from this the tablet is perfect. I've learnt to deal with it as my case primarily works in landscape anyways. But I must admit the tablet is basically unusable in portrait for web-browsing and reading as the jelly effect is terrible.

By the way, I'm in my third S5e - I sent the previous two back because of the jelly issue. But I've read online jelly scrolling is unfortunately just an inherent issue of AMOLED panels. Some LCD panels (what is in iPads and the Tab A you mention) also suffer from it but it is no where near as bad, hence you're not noticing it on your Tab A. Have a quick google of AMOLED jelly scrolling.