Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S4 audio slightly out of sync when using streaming video apps

(Topic created on: 19-12-2019 12:23 PM)
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Hello to everyone!
Three days ago, I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab s4, and coming from the Nexus 10 I was astonished by the speed of the device!
The only thing that bothers me a lot is that whenever I try to watch YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix, Facebook videos or any other streaming video app, the audio is out of sync slightly from the video. This happens only when using the tablet speakers or wired headphones, but not with Bluetooth headphones. On Bluetooth the audio sync if perfect. Also playing locally stored files on the tablet itself, the audio sync is perfect regardless of using speakers, wired or Bluetooth headphones.
I've searched and tried everything I could find like, double reset device, latest update, clear apps cache, clear whole tablet cache, disabled stock anti-virus, force gpu rendering on developer options, playing Youtube videos from browser and not the app, and other stuff (all limited to legal actions, NOT rooting, etc) but nothing works!! 

Is this a known issue Samsung? Have other users reported this? Are you planning on solving this with an update?

I'm willing to flash a custom rom on the device (been using LineageOS on my Nexus 10) but can't find anything for Galaxy tab s4. Also I'm afraid to do that because if there is a harware issue then the same will happen if rooted and I would loose the warranty.

Thank you!

37 REPLIES 37
Drahmann
Student
Options

I have a s5 and it does the exact same thing regardless of app.

It works perfectly with bluetooth headphones 

It doesn't matter which app I use (Netflix, YouTube,  Amazon, etc...)

It was not doing this until the past week or so

The last software update was on November 24th

0 Likes
NINJATHEORY
Apprentice
Options

It's not your tablet that has the issue, it's the YouTube app. Try this remove the update and use preinstalled YouTube app as I just checked the sync video on my Tab S6 audio sync is spot on! 

0 Likes
NINJATHEORY
Apprentice
Options

Lol you wont lose HDR you blow the Knox fuse when you install a rom!

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

@NINJATHEORY wrote:

It's not your tablet that has the issue, it's the YouTube app. Try this remove the update and use preinstalled YouTube app as I just checked the sync video on my Tab S6 audio sync is spot on! 

Wrong......  the synch issue happens with any app.

0 Likes
NINJATHEORY
Apprentice
Options

@mitopa wrote:

@NINJATHEORY wrote:

Wrong mate lol my audio sync is spot on maybe you got a faulty bluetooth connection/module best to do a hardware test or get Samsung support to do a hardware test they can do it remotely not sure witch country you in but ring/email Samsung

0 Likes
rivunel
First Poster
Options

So still no fix to this besides using subpar bluetooth headphones instead of my $300 pair of headphones? resetting all data only provides a temporary fix outside of just revertting back to an older versin of android i assume we will never get a fix for this audio issue?

0 Likes
NINJATHEORY
Apprentice
Options

@rivunel wrote:

So still no fix to this besides using subpar bluetooth headphones instead of my $300 pair of headphones? resetting all data only provides a temporary fix outside of just revertting back to an older versin of android i assume we will never get a fix for this audio issue?

What headphones are you using ?

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

@NINJATHEORY wrote:

@mitopa wrote:

@NINJATHEORY wrote:

Wrong mate lol my audio sync is spot on maybe you got a faulty bluetooth connection/module best to do a hardware test or get Samsung support to do a hardware test they can do it remotely not sure witch country you in but ring/email Samsung

I have bad news m8:

you are wrong again.

:smiling-face:

this lag or audio synch problem happens also with videos played from local storage, no network access involved.

0 Likes