Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S4 Iris Scanner

(Topic created on: 31-08-2018 04:07 PM)
Nickp0212
Apprentice
Options

Hi, is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with the iris scanner not registering iris's on the galaxy tab s4?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nickp0212
Apprentice
Options
I have sussed it now, you actually have to directly look at the camera at the top of the unit. All registered within a second or so, and now works perfectly

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Nickp0212

What method are you using to register your iris e.g Intelligent Scan, Iris Scanner, Samsung Pass etc? Are you receiving any error messages when you attempt the registration? I would recommend restarting the tablet using the power button and trying each of the available options to add an iris scan to the device. If you have an prescription eyewear I'd also advise removing them before you attempt the scan. ^AL
0 Likes
Nickp0212
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,  I have used all available options, but it gets to no more than 50%.  Yet my note 9 recognised them instantly!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
You may be experiencing a hardware problem with the iris scanner @Nickp0212. I'd advise restarting the tablet in Safe Mode by following the steps below and attempting the registration again. Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the Tab S4 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.

If it still hangs at 50% then you may wish to visit a Samsung Support Centre to have the tablet inspected under warranty. You can find your nearest one by checking the following link, selecting 'Mobile Device > Phones, tablets and wearables' and entering your post code: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
TonkleChicken
Student
Options

My experience is that the iris scanner is about 50% effective in portrait mode and about 10% effective in Landscape mode. In fact I now don't really use it at all as it is more annoying to move the tablet around to grab your iris than to just use a PIN to unlock it.

A real pity they trashed the fingerprint scanner as the one on my GS9+ is about 99% accurate, and CONVENIENTLY placed on the rear just where my index finger lands when I pick up the phone. (In my opinion much better than on the front)

0 Likes
joopstroop
First Poster
Options

i bought it today and i have the same issue.

impossible to register the iris , i tried all different lightning combinations and facial expressions i could think of, it is just not working. hopefully there will be a fix soon,,, 

0 Likes
ScottBroker
First Poster
Options

It is worthless.  I am on my 2nd unit now thinking it was a hardware issue rather than a design flaw.  It does not work at all.  The one time I was lucky enough to register them, then it never worked to unlock the tablet.  Very UPSET with a 650 tablet with no fingerprint or iris.  

0 Likes
Solution
Nickp0212
Apprentice
Options
I have sussed it now, you actually have to directly look at the camera at the top of the unit. All registered within a second or so, and now works perfectly