Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S3 will not switch on!

(Topic created on: 19-05-2017 10:07 PM)
BLUETYLER
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

First post and unfortunately not a positive one.  My Tab S3 will not switch on.  I had just charged it and the screen was on.  Removed my microSD card to copy some data over.

Went back to the tablet to reinsert the card and the screen was off. I thought it had gone to sleep but nope, dead! 😞

Tried holding the power button in for longer still no life.  Put the tablet back on the charger and there is no indication that it is doing anything. Blank screen.

Any help or suggestions, going on a long trip tomorrow and want to take the tablet with me but now looks unlikely.

Please help!

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BLUETYLER
Journeyman
Options
Ok. Managed to reset it by holding the power button and Volume UP for 7 seconds.
Don't know what happened though. Hope it doesn't recur.

View solution in context

Solution
BLUETYLER
Journeyman
Options
Oops. Correction > "Power key and the Volume Down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it"

View solution in context

20 REPLIES 20
Solution
BLUETYLER
Journeyman
Options
Ok. Managed to reset it by holding the power button and Volume UP for 7 seconds.
Don't know what happened though. Hope it doesn't recur.
Solution
BLUETYLER
Journeyman
Options
Oops. Correction > "Power key and the Volume Down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it"
tcandelaria
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, I just bought my mine 4 days ago and when I turn it on it just spinns around the lock and won't start. I reset it as you did and it turned on. Frecked me out becuase it spun for 20 minutes. I thought maybe an update but it didn't say updating...

Thanks for your post. Tcandelaria

Asperger1
First Poster
Options

Once you know about it you fill so stupid that you didn't find out your self something so simple !

Thanks à thousand times 😉

0 Likes
Asperger1
First Poster
Options

Feel.... Houps 😊

0 Likes
elno82
First Poster
Options

mine also the same , it's been 3 weeks. will send it to samsung center for them to see.mine still under waranty 

0 Likes
Donpark1
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution to this issue? Minw was working fine then the screen wouldn't turn on. I charged it and still nothing. And when I try to  haré it it just gets hot, but not activity otherwise. 

BLUETYLER
Journeyman
Options

Did you try the "hold Power key and the Volume Down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it" 

Worked for me.  It did take me a copule of attempts to do it correctly though.

0 Likes
tcandelaria
Apprentice
Options

I believe that is what I had to do to get it turned back on. Tracy

0 Likes