Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S3 - How do I disable screen switch off when using the keyboard cover?

(Topic created on: 26-03-2018 12:31 PM)
BLUETYLER
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

Had the tablet since launch and therefore qualified for the free keyboard cover which is the reason for this post. 

The slightest movment when typing or more commonly when I'm watching content for example movies on flights results I the screen lock being enabled. Really annoying and it's spoiling my enjoyment of the device having to constantly unlock.

Can I disable this somehow? Can anyone suggest a solution? 

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
AgalvinHSPH
First Poster
Options

Hi there, 

Did you figure out how to disable this ? 

Thanks, 

A

0 Likes
BLUETYLER
Journeyman
Options
Hi A,

Apologies for the delay in responding. No I never did and it still annoys me, my one complaint about the tablet.

I assume you have the same issue. Have you had any success in resolving?

Let me know.

Cheers,

JG
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi guys. :robothappy:

It's not a perfect solution, and unsure if this is any good for you, but I found this thread and post on the Samsung US Community in my wanderings: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-S3-Keyboard-case-lock-screen/m-p/317502#M11251

0 Likes
sayling
Pioneer
Options

@Anonymous User @AntS

@AntS wrote:

Hi guys. :robothappy:

It's not a perfect solution, and unsure if this is any good for you, but I found this thread and post on the Samsung US Community in my wanderings: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-S3-Keyboard-case-lock-screen/m-p/317502#M11251

It hasn't worked for me, at least not when I need the tablet not to lock, for example, playing games that force a forfeit if you disconnect - which powering down does instantly.

Would it be possible to feed a request back to Samsung to get an option to disable this functionality, or perhaps add it as an option to the Game Tools app?

I've lost count of the times when I've nearly launched my tablet across the room 😞

AntS
Options

Hi @sayling.

I've forwarded that as suggestion for the software team.  Me or one of the other mods will let you know of any updates on it. 

sayling
Pioneer
Options
@AntS

Thanks
0 Likes
BLUETYLER
Journeyman
Options
Thanks also from me.
0 Likes
TomKerswill
First Poster
Options

I'd very much like to know if this can be fixed, too... 

The_Kangaroo
Explorer
Options

I would like this software fix too. I have the tabs4 and it burns me. this would be such a nice thing to fix

0 Likes