Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S storage

(Topic created on: 16-02-2018 11:33 AM)
hazelj
Student
Options

Good morning

I have a galaxy tab s 10.5 which is great.  I have an SD card in it and all my settings for photos, files etc are pointing to save on the card.  Also any apps I have downloaded are saved to the card where I can.

Every time there is an update of an app, it doesn't save back to the SD card, it updates internally so I have to go in and move across each update.

Recently though, I seem to keep running out of space of the internal storage.  I have deleted most of the apps that I cannot save externally so very minimal of my choices are on there.  I still keep running out of space though and alot of this is taken up by the apps already on the tablet that I can disable but not delete.

This is starting to get frustrating now, as every time an app updates I don't have the space for them to update and I'm trying to find things I can delete.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Apart from this, the tablet works perfectly.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What Gb Storage is the internal memory of your Tab @hazelj

The thing is for example a 16Gb Internal Storage Capacity Tab wont have the full 16Gb for you to use. 

Some is used by Android and some is gated off for future updates. 

So approximatey your getting around 13Gb. 

To further free up internal storage I would suggest to....

Clear the cache of your apps. 

Clear the cache of your system file. 

Delete the following....

Old or rarely used apps. 

Emails and attachments. 

Notes. 

Calendar entries. 

Downloaded files in the my files section. 

Unfortunately the Samsung Apps out if the box can be integrated into the Os so can be force stopped or disabled by using a Package Disabler from the PlayStore. 

Other than that its a case of continually micro managing. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
hazelj
Student
Options

Thanks for getting back to me.  Unfortunately it is only a 16 GB tablet. I had noticed it was the system taking up the majority of the storage. I thought they would leave some for me though!! I have done all the caches and any files are saved on the sd card. 16 GB used to be a lot of storage at one time!!

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

16Gb did certainly used to be the sweet spot for most owners @hazelj

Now as apps improve and need more resource and users habits change i suggest to people to go for a storage capacity to suit ones pocket and to try and future proof as much as possible by opting for a higher capacity as possible. 

I use a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 which is 16Gb but my usage on it is light in the way of apps etc. I use it for surfing at home. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Genepi
Student
Options

I have the same problem with a Tab A 16Go.

I use it for surfing and occasional streaming.

I've moved most of my data to a card leaving 2Mo internal, and cleaned all app cache (cant find how to clear system cache).

Apps using 7Go, My data 2Mo, 15,2/16 Go in use.
Is the system really needing 8Go ?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Genepi
Student
Options

I've managed to find out the memory proportions and the system is taking 5.4Go.

So indeed 16Go is just too small even for really quite limited usage.

0 Likes