Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S - Wifi stopped working

(Topic created on: 01-04-2017 07:10 PM)
DerwentT
Apprentice
Options

My wifi has stopped working. This may have happened when i forgot to put my tab on charge and it went completely flat. I have try various things including a factory reset with no joy. When I go to settings there are none shown for WIFI and when I try to switch it on I get 'turning on..' which eventually times out to 'to see available networks, turn on wifi'. My Samsung phone and other devices are working fine.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Is the bluetooth working?

some times it's the cache not the software so try this to clear it. 

1. Make sure the tablet is completely off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button together.
  3. Now, press and hold the Power button and continue holding all three buttons until Recovery Booting appears in the upper left.
  4. You may release all buttons now.
  5. Using the Volume Down button, highlight ‘wipe cache partition’ and press the Power button to select it.
  6. After the wipe is complete, choose ‘reboot system now’ and press the Power button to restart the tablet.

Hope that helps :smiling-face: 

DerwentT
Apprentice
Options

Thanks

I had tried that prior to factory reset and I have just tried it again now with no joy.

The Bluetooth doesn't appear to be working either although quick settings dropdown show it as on. When I go into settings and try to switch it on the slide swith moves but turns grey rather than green (same as the wifi). the message telling me to turn on bluetooth to see devices remains and nothing else is displayed.

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Ok If the full remaster did not work (back to factory state) and clearing the cache didn't there is nothing more I can think of to try to sort that, the fact it's greyed out but on makes me believe that it could be a hardware issue (as its both wifi and bluetooth). So if it is under 2 years old I would strongly suggest ether dropping it back to a Samsung store if you have one near you as it should be covered under the warrenty (as long as not caused by damage) just remember you will need proof of purchase to show its within 2 years, or take it back to where it was baught from and they will get it repaired (But I recommend Samsung over that :smiling-face: ) if you don't have the recipt check see if you registered it online or you can get a bank statement with the purchase on it and ask the retailer for a copy of the recipt. If none of those Samsung could repaire it still but would be a chargable repaire in that case. Sorry I could not help more maybe some one else maybe able to though. :smiling-face: 

DerwentT
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the help Bades1978.

I think I might just scape in under the two years.

AntS
Options

@DerwentT wrote:

Thanks for the help Bades1978.

I think I might just scape in under the two years.

Just to add to @Bades1978's sound advice there, it's also worth checking that the time and date settings on the tablet are set to the current ones, as this can affect the "handshake" of the device.

Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Cheers didn't think about the handshake side :smiling-face:

DerwentT
Apprentice
Options

Thanks - I had to reset time and date but still no joy.

0 Likes
tiagovla
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem today. I tried everything you did. What happened fix it was to restart the bootloader. 

0 Likes
sawul62
Voyager
Options

@Bades1978 

Up front, yes, I know, this is a very, very late response... sorry for that.

Then again, this is just to say   THANKS!   for your solution.

I stumbled over this thread searching for a solution to get bluetooth re-enabled again.

It was disabled within the settings and no matter what I did, I could not get it re-enabled.

I followed your steps 1-4 and it worked!

Wow!

I have to write it down somewhere.

One way or the other I did something wrong on step 5 as I ended up in 'save mode' or something.

Never seen this before. OTOH, I am far, far from being an expert. Am just a simple end-user.

Applications were disabled in this save mode.

Anyway, I tried again (step 1-4) and the matter is solved.

THANKS again.

p.s.: I was afraid time had come to buy a new tablet, or an alternative device... 🙂

0 Likes