Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab Pro S - how do I stop the screen auto dimming?

(Topic created on: 14-01-2017 09:08 AM)
Oldboater
First Poster
Options

Hi,

does anybody know how to stop the screen auto dimming on the Tab Pro S? it is very annoying when watching a movie to have to keep touching the screen every few mnutes because it has gone dim.

thanks

Oldboater

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AntS
Options

Hi Oldboater. :smileyhappy:

What dimming options do you have set? From the front screen: Galaxy Options > AMOLED.

0 Likes
Oldboater
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the reply. How do I get into Galaxy Options? I can't find anything like that. When I go into settings, it takes me into windows settings.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

My bad. Should be listed as Galaxy Settings under Samsung Apps on this screen:

Tab Pro S_01.JPG

From the cogwheel there, you should be able to get to here:

Tab Pro S_02.JPG

0 Likes
Oldboater
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I dont have a Galaxy Settings tile under Galaxy Apps.... which is where my problem lies. I cant find Galaxy settings anywhere.

0 Likes
Oldboater
First Poster
Options
I have found the galaxy settings in extras on windows settings. Ill take a look later this evening. thanks
0 Likes
Doris77
Journeyman
Options
I have just found it. Slide open notification panel on the right of the screen, press All Setting ten Extras.
0 Likes
Seadog76
First Poster
Options

You may be glad to know that it's not a Samsung issue it's actually a Google Play Book issue, the app attempts to control screen brightness when reading and when not reading abook. I find that it happens mostly when the battery gets low and the Tablet kicks into power saving mode.

Open Google play books, open any ebook if you have one, then pull down the book settings menu by sliding your finger downward from top of page until the font icons appear (big A & little a). Click the font icon, then click Night Light. DONE! 

Because it's likely to happen again, I suggest you copy & paste this solution into a text doc on your Tablet for quick & easy access next time.

(I use Samsung Notes)

0 Likes