Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab Pro S BSOD

(Topic created on: 21-08-2017 10:19 PM)
Nick-CRO
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I own a SM-W708NZKADBT bought in Germany. I started getting BSOD errors with code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR or stop code 124 from minidump wich seams to be related to hardware problem. It happens when I start to use laptop moderately, watch a movie  play a game etc, even  when browsing. Laptop gets slightly warm, not even hot. I am running Win10 pro ver 1703 build 15063.540. My Samsung update utility doesn't offer a bios update which could help, who knows, I ran all automatic updates and repairs, and even reinstaled Windows already but no help, still getting BSOD's. Please help. 

Link to my dump and driver list file

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nick-CRO
Apprentice
Options

Hi, forgot to reply on this, but I didn't overclock or anything, personally I don't know how anything can be done on a stock BIOS. I took the device to a licensed repairer, and am waiting for it over a month. Seams that they are replacing the entire motherboard and SSD by the logs I can see about a repair status, so that is it, I guess a manufacturing fault to the device.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sounds like your skilled in knowing how to troubleshoot things you can do with the device. 

If this was my situation I'd visit a Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store for a diagnostic on it. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Nick-CRO
Apprentice
Options

Tnx,I didn't  mention, the problem is that I live in Croatia, and the tablet is not sold here yet, so I am trying my best to try to troubleshoot it here if possible before sending it abroad. 

JohnnyLichfield
Student
Options

Hi there,

I've just had this fault on sons PC today.  I came across your post whilst trying to see if anyone has the battery issue that mine has, and Its unlikely you have this issue, but if you have done any overclocking on it that causes the WHEA a lot.

Just a thought.

J

Solution
Nick-CRO
Apprentice
Options

Hi, forgot to reply on this, but I didn't overclock or anything, personally I don't know how anything can be done on a stock BIOS. I took the device to a licensed repairer, and am waiting for it over a month. Seams that they are replacing the entire motherboard and SSD by the logs I can see about a repair status, so that is it, I guess a manufacturing fault to the device.

0 Likes
JohnnyLichfield
Student
Options

I didn't think you would have, but thought it was worth a shot, sorry to hear you lost your tab for a month (not exactly rapid service is it?). Lovely tablets but they do seem to be rather hit and miss.  

Mine takes days to charge and then discharges with no activity in hours.

0 Likes
Nick-CRO
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, didn't know that when I got it, maybe I will even sell it for an option with better connectivity (more than one USB C), but have to wait for it to come back and see for myself if its performance is any good.

0 Likes