Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab A (2019) OS updates Issue

(Topic created on: 01-10-2019 04:27 PM)
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

My Galaxy Tab A has stopped allowing manual checking for OS updates. The Tablet is running Android 9 and the Security Patch Level is 01/08/19.

I only purchased in June and have been able to readily check for OS updates no problem, however since a recent patch sometime early September I am no longer able to check.

When I now check both through security update and software update I first see a message stating Registering Device then after a short while a message Registrstion Failed.

Galaxy Store and Google Play apps continue to update no problems.

Can someone please advise how to sort this OS update issue?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @Giraffe , :smiling-face:

Found this Reddit thread whilst having a dig around on this one for you. (For LTE devices, connecting to the relevant mobile network appears to resolve it; for Wi-Fi only, setting up and connecting to a hotspot also appears to fix it.)

Let us know how it goes. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Giraffe
Pioneer
Options
Thanks Ants the Security and Software updates worked as expected using my mobile as a wifi hotspot. When I rechecked however using my tablet on my home network the updates remained on checking for updates. It looks like my home network is the issue or connecting to the update server. I will have to look further. My Samsung Tablet connects to 5Ghz not 2.4 Ghz frequency I am wondering if that could be an issue? I will post back if and when I solve this conundrum. Thanks again as I am not up and running fully updated.
Solution
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

My Software Update problem over my home wifi is now solved. I was advised by my ISP Support to switch off my network router for 1/2 hour then restart and check the server connection again and that has done the trick. My tablet now connects to the Samsung Software Update Servers. So simple but such a puzzle when first hit with this problem. Alls well that ends well. 

Thanks 

G

AntS
Options

Glad it's sorted, @Giraffe! And thanks for sharing too - fairly sure that it'll help quite a few folks fix the puzzle if it ever hits them too. :smiling-face::smiling-face-with-sunglasses::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
BPBLACKBURN
First Poster
Options

apologies but I wondered if you could help I put a question on this site this  morning about my wifes Samsung Galaxy TAB A but now I cannot locate my post anywhere could you tell me where to look for it.Thanks

0 Likes
Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

Hi BPBlackburn

You should be able to locate your post under 'my subscriptions 'which you will find in the drop down menu of your account. i.e tap your account sign in icon at the top of the window.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Electladywarrio
First Poster
Options

Didn't know exactly where to post but maybe someone can help me I recently brought a Samsung Galaxy tab A 2019 and I brought a HDMI connector to connect it to my computer monitor it doesn't work so is there a specific adapter or cord I need 

Giraffe
Pioneer
Options

I haven't tried to connect my tablet to my computer to project the screen but there is a Samsung Program for this purpose known as Dex. Perhaps you can give that a try. You download the software onto your PC then go from there.

0 Likes