Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 smells burned

(Topic created on: 07-05-2017 11:04 AM)
Squirrel2
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I bought my tablet at the end of 2014, so it's not that new anymore, but I've noticed a burned smell at the back of the tablet when I'm using it. It's not too intense and only really noticeable when I smell the back directly (seems to be in the middle of the back), but it worries me a bit? The back does not seem to be bulged or anything, so I'm not sure if it's the battery? But it also takes forever to load, especially when the tab is completely turned off (went from 0% to only 20% in a whole night). Would it make sense to get the battery changed - is that even possible? Is it okay to still use the tab? Any ideas or help??

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AntS
Options

Hi @Squirrel2.

Is all of the software and apps up to date? Are you using the original (or official) charger? If so, then it's best to get the tablet and charger checked out at your nearest Support Centre (where they'll be able to open up the tablet and replace the battery if that's what's needed). Sounds like it's out of it's two-year warranty, so it might be a chargeable repair, but they'll be able to advise of you that and how much if it is.

0 Likes