Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab 3 8"

(Topic created on: 28-02-2017 12:25 PM)
JulesL
First Poster
Options

Hi my Tab 3 no longer charges.  It is about 3.5 years old but has not been used that much.  I last charged it before Christmas and now it will not respond at all.  I took it to one place who said this is a common problem with the Tab 3 and that it should just need a power boost but that did not work.  I am not sure what else they looked at to find the problem but it has not been resolved 😞

As this is in a nearly new condition otherwise I really don't want to just throw it away.  Has anyone else experienced this issue and had it subsequently resolved?

:smileyhappy:

JulesL

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
dpft
First Poster
Options

I have a possible solution but then another question.

I too had a flat battery and using the mains charger nothing happened. A friend suggested plugging it into the car socket used for my phone. I did, and somehow it worked. 

0 Likes
dpft
First Poster
Options
I had the same problem and someone advised using the car charger which I use for my phone, rather than the wall charger using the mains.

I did, and somehow, it worked. Something to do with the initial boost apparently.
0 Likes
JulesL
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your suggestion - I will try this at the weekend and let you know how I get on.  Fingers crossed it works for me too 🙂

0 Likes
JulesL
First Poster
Options

Sadly using a genuine Samsung car charger did not work for me!  I guess I just have to resign myself to the fact that my tablet is kaput! 😞 shame as it is like new and hardly used.

0 Likes