Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S8 Sim region lock

(Topic created on: 20-10-2017 10:14 PM)
rajkmohan
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

I am staying in Switzerland. I am planning to buy S8 for my wife. But I came to know that S8 which I buy in Swiss will work only with European sim alone. but my wife will be travelling back to India in a some time so she need to use with indian Sim also. can someone sugges an option to buy S8 in switzerland that can work with any sim irrespective of region or suggest me options to overcoem this problem. 

Go to solution
69 REPLIES 69
tkunitz
First Poster
Options
I did just that. Unlocked a Galaxy A40 from Germany being in Bangkok using 5min talking with roaming German SIM and then the regional lock was gone.
0 Likes
Martin0227
Student
Options

I am having a problem with regoin lock (maybe), i bought my s8 one year back in germany, and i travel back to malaysia twice a year. Everytime i put in a new Malaysia simcard, the phone ask for a 4 digit pin to unlock the phone. I have been staying in germany and have outgoing call for 50 min, and incoming call for 1 hour and 15 min. Why do i require a unlock code to unclok my phone? Tried with new sim card pin, puk and all. The new simcard work completely fine in other phone but my s8.

0 Likes
Fp7
Student
Options
True
I did cal for around 5 and half minutes from Indian SIM to Saudi number my model was Samsung a A50 s., regional sim lock was opened after that calling
0 Likes
AymenNaanaa
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, i'm wondering if i use a SIM from the original region with "Raoming" will it work ?

Regards

0 Likes
Martin0227
Student
Options

Thank you for reply,

Yes using the same simcard with roaming will work. But regardless it work or not, the screen broke on the phone and I bought a new phone anyway haha

kanna1808
Student
Options

Hi I too faced the same problem in my new S10. However after speaking for 5 mins using a local sim to a local number, the lock was removed and I am able to use my India number now.

0 Likes
BeingNishant
First Poster
Options

did you get any reply or solution to your query ? I also have the exact query

0 Likes
Fp7
Student
Options

Fixed by using it for more than 5 minutes calling from Indian SIM where the mobile originally was bought. 

0 Likes
kanna1808
Student
Options

Hi Nishant

I did not get a reply. However I used an EUR/UK simcard first for 5 minutes and dialled few of my friends numbers. After 5 minutes swapped with my india number and it's working fine. Hope this helps

0 Likes
goggoy
First Poster
Options
how I can use Samsung Galaxy s8 locked in O2 UK in Philippines
0 Likes