Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DisplayLink Presenter - Blocked

(Topic created on: 04-07-2018 12:58 PM)
ClappWhiteboard
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing abnormal behavior on "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3". I'm a service provider and purchased three tabs. I am really embarrassed as this tab won't detect DisplayLink adapters. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

I need to establish wired connection from the tab to projector. Since MHL is not supported for this device, I am trying to use DisplayLink adapters with "DisplayLink Presenter" app. DisplayLink works as 'Plug and Display' like MHL. DisplayLink service runs as background process, captures screens and streams over USB bus.

I have several Android tabs/phones (including Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Lenovo Tab3 etc.) - my setup works perfectly on all but these tabs. Some "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3" models does work with DisplayLink adapters. See reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B078N95B1J/ref=mw_dp_cr

If I change USB mode from notification bar, the USB mode is falling back to charging automatically. On other device I see system message to allow screen capture and streaming confirmation dialog as soon as DisplayLink adapter is connected on OTG.

I suspect this device is killing "DisplayLink Presenter" service. How can I establish wired connection to mirror screen from the tab to a projector/TV?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AntS
Options

Hi @ClappWhiteboard. :robothappy:

Spoiler
Unsure if it'll work for your DisplayLink stuff, but any joy from enabling Developer Options on the TabS3 and changing the USB debugging and USB configuration settings?
0 Likes