Support

Open search

Battery status showing when screen is off

First Poster

I hace recently update my galaxy tab S3 (SM-T800) to android 9 and now when I leave my screen off while charging, a little light at the bottom of the screen shows up indicating the battery status (keep in mind the screen is supposed to be pitch-black)

This is only when the screen is charging however. 

Could someone tell my why this is happening or if there is a way of turning this off. It doesn't seem like a bug as the UI looks as if it was intended to have this here.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
DannyT Moderator

Hey, @Uplight.

This is intended. I'm not 100% certain if this can be turned off. But could you try going to: Apps > Settings > Display > Screensaver > Off. This must be done whilst the phone is charging.

Let me know how it goes.

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Highlighted
First Poster
Thanks for the effort. But no luck. That only happens while the screen turns off automatically
DannyT Moderator

Hm... In that case, could you try this method from one of our Superusers @BandOfBrothers?

The solution is for a Note10, but as you are both on Android Pie, and have the same issue, it should work the same. 

Let me know how you get on. 

MCU.jpg

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

First Poster

No luck sadly.

I'm having the same issue, though I noticed after changing to a rugged case that doesn't have a magnetic cover. I'm curious if I put the flip cover case back on if it will turn the screen completely off when closed due to the magnetic triggers.

What case are you using?

Top Liked Authors