Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery status showing when screen is off

(Topic created on: 18-09-2019 11:24 AM)
Uplight
First Poster
Options

I hace recently update my galaxy tab S3 (SM-T800) to android 9 and now when I leave my screen off while charging, a little light at the bottom of the screen shows up indicating the battery status (keep in mind the screen is supposed to be pitch-black)

This is only when the screen is charging however. 

Could someone tell my why this is happening or if there is a way of turning this off. It doesn't seem like a bug as the UI looks as if it was intended to have this here.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
DannyT
Options

Hey, @Uplight.

This is intended. I'm not 100% certain if this can be turned off. But could you try going to: Apps > Settings > Display > Screensaver > Off. This must be done whilst the phone is charging.

Let me know how it goes.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Uplight
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the effort. But no luck. That only happens while the screen turns off automatically
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hm... In that case, could you try this method from one of our Superusers @BandOfBrothers?

The solution is for a Note10, but as you are both on Android Pie, and have the same issue, it should work the same. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Uplight
First Poster
Options

No luck sadly.

0 Likes
samban
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, though I noticed after changing to a rugged case that doesn't have a magnetic cover. I'm curious if I put the flip cover case back on if it will turn the screen completely off when closed due to the magnetic triggers.

What case are you using?

0 Likes