Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Pie OTA update on AT&T S4 Tab with WiFi only?

(Topic created on: 20-06-2019 06:19 PM)
cduval04
Apprentice
Options

Am I correct to assume the if the Samsung device (Galaxy Tab S4 in this case) is an LTE carrier model (ATT, Sprint, TMobile, Verizon) and not the 'WiFi only' model, the device will not receive the OTA update without active service/SIM from that carrier, even if it is connected to WiFi. Trying to figure out why no Pie update is being pushed to my S4 Tab via WiFi. (AT&T SM-T837A).
This is the only explanation I can reasonably think may explain why, as Pie update was pushed OTA to all S4 tabs well over a month ago now.

If this is in fact the case, is it possible to flash the update to the S4 manually?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@cduval04: From what I can gather, the Pie update is currently being rolled out to WiFi Only models of the Galaxy Tab S4 in the US, with the LTE variant being set to receive it in the coming weeks. This is determined by the model number, not the capability of the model which is why you're unable to download it via WiFi on your LTE model. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@cduval04: From what I can gather, the Pie update is currently being rolled out to WiFi Only models of the Galaxy Tab S4 in the US, with the LTE variant being set to receive it in the coming weeks. This is determined by the model number, not the capability of the model which is why you're unable to download it via WiFi on your LTE model. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
cduval04
Apprentice
Options
Thanks @AndrewL!!!!