Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Pie (9.0) for Galaxy Tab S4

(Topic created on: 10-07-2019 07:19 PM)
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows when Samsung is planning to release the Android Pie (9.0) update for the Galaxy Tab S4? The tablet itself is great but there are many great features in 9.0, such as the much improved task manager considering the current implementation feels very cramped. Gesture based navigation and adaptive battery life improvements also come to mind.

104 REPLIES 104
Balling
Pioneer
Options
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-tab-s4/firmware/SM-T835/
There IS an update for Australia (telstra).
0 Likes
xpusostomos
Explorer
Options

Yeah, I'm in Australia and this is a very poor showing by Samsung. It's bad enough that they are slow to work on Android, but it feels like a slap in the face when you know some countries have the update and you don't. For months. And months.

Plus I paid top dollar and bought this free and clear, and apparently a Telstra bought one has an update and I don't? That's a double slap in the face. Especially since I have a telstra sim in it.

0 Likes
Balling
Pioneer
Options
Thanks god we do not have prepaid in our country. BTW, is Australia so progressive, that they have prepaid SIM for TABLET!?😪😪😪
0 Likes
xpusostomos
Explorer
Options

Yes we do have prepaid SIM for tablet. I'm on an old deal that is $50 for a year and gives me 4gb or something. Not much, but I'm mostly on wifi so it's for emergencies. There also monthly plans and phone prepaid plans are decent enough these days you could use those also.

Buxbe
Apprentice
Options

Not to Australia. Not in the T835. Why is Samsung taking so long with this update? Appalling. 

0 Likes
Buxbe
Apprentice
Options

I have the LTE version and still no update. 

0 Likes
Buxbe
Apprentice
Options

Ohhh  . . ..  

So that's OK!? I need to move to Telstra?  Is that what you are saying?

That's even more insulting. 

Don't ever say something that stupid again.

Samsumg need to wake up. Their top spec unit still on 8.1? Unless you are on Telstra, then it's OK. 

Elistist trash. That's what Samsung is playing. 

0 Likes
SamM12
First Poster
Options

I have a Huawei P20 Pro and it auto updated to Android Pie long ago. No hassle. It also has a hicare app which I can download updates etc at any time.

I feel comfortable that they have my back and know that soon it will also update to Android Oreo

This is despite all the Trump negativity on this brand

I recently bought a Samsu g Tab S4 and it is still running 8 even though  it is newer than the P20 pro

Hmm I would like to think that Samsung would be completely up to date in security patching andsupporting tbis flagship product.

Based on this experience I would not buy a Samsung product again

0 Likes
Buxbe
Apprentice
Options

Well, I'm getting that it might be updated with they launch new products in August, but then Samsung in Sydney said it might happen end of the year! I'm amazed they sell the S5e with 9 but not their top model. It's been released elsewhere but not in Ausțralia. I feel so stupid. 

dabbles5
First Poster
Options

I'm just wondering what are the drawbacks on downloding the USA Pie version? I have a 4G s4 tab but dont use a sim.. 

I must add that i'm in Australia and i'm not sure wether another country's pie version would be compatible?