Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Pie (9.0) for Galaxy Tab S4

(Topic created on: 24-06-2019 12:38 PM)
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows when Samsung is planning to release the Android Pie (9.0) update for the Galaxy Tab S4? The tablet itself is great but there are many great features in 9.0, such as the much improved task manager considering the current implementation feels very cramped. Gesture based navigation and adaptive battery life improvements also come to mind.

104 REPLIES 104
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Jacksonagic 

Hi, i am not from your country BUT I have Pie since April 24 on my tablet. Except the night mode in Pie, I regret some  DEX applications and some settings that were on Oréo BUT my battery is better since PIE. If you want some other informations, it will be a pleasure to answer it.

Have a nice day

Cassidy

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
Nmaia
Explorer
Options

Hi all.

I have just updated to Pie 9.0 .

I'm sorry I did.

A lot of neat functionalities are gone! Or at least I can't find them.

One is critical to me, that is the ability to work with several apps at the same time, like multitasking and resizing window's apps and do a side by side app window.

You might say that this is a more DeX approach, but in DeX the screen rotation was disable. So now you can only work on landscape mode.

But this is not the only issues.

The multitasking window is a drag. You can't configure the staking of the apps, like list or previews. Instead you must scroll between scenes.

Also the device maintenance app don't let you close any app draining battery. You can only look at them and do nothing.

Ok there are some improvements, but overall I must find a way to revert this update fast.

I must go back to the previous release although I don't  know how.

This was a very good productivity tool, now  it's  just a thing for movies and gaming.

I'm disappointed.

0 Likes
xpusostomos
Explorer
Options

Nmaia: I don't have Pie on my S4 yet, but I've been running it on my phone for a long time now, and I'm pretty sure Pie lacks no feature that Oreo had. For example, to split screen in Oreo you would bring up task manager and press the double bars to split screen. In Pie you bring up task manager, long press the app's icon above the preview, and you select split screen. If by "staking of apps" you mean pinning it, then the same procedure to do that also.  In terms of device maintenance, you can click on apps using power, that takes you to another screen where  you can choose to put it to sleep when not in use. This is better than the overkill approach of Oreo which forced you to checkbox each app. Stick with it, I think you'll find nothing is lost, and much is gained.

Nmaia
Explorer
Options

Hi Xpusostomos.

Good answer. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks for this great help.

Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Jacksonagic @Nmaia 

Hi @Nmaia , @Jacksonagic  already send pictures  ONE page before about your subject ...i send them again...i have installed Pie on my galaxy tab s4 since a month, if you have others questions it will be a pleasure to answer them

Have a nice day

1Screenshot_20190526-205158_One UI Home.jpg2Screenshot_20190526-205447_One UI Home.jpg

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
Balling
Pioneer
Options
When will I have Android 9 in Russia? It's already June.
Gtaadicto
Apprentice
Options

Just updated to BSF3 version with May security patch. THE SCREEN ROTATION ISSUE IS STILL THERE :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

0 Likes
StefanR95
First Poster
Options

Same issue here on Galaxy Tab A 10.5, only updated to Pie this week. It's very annoying when having it locked to landscape (which mine is most of the time) then opening an app which only supports portrait (Reddit for example) then it's locked in portrait until I manually change it. 

0 Likes
Balling
Pioneer
Options

Yesterday, Android Pie was released for Russia. Many thanks.)) Also I will top post two problems with this tablet, so that maybe somebody powerfull 😎😎 will comment on them. First VoLte and VoWifi  are not working on tablet because this parts of android are not initialised on boot. Devs, please change build.prop file! Also HDR in youtube does not work. Ask google why. Because it is actually working if I use mod apk youtube. Thanks.

Some links:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/VoLTE-and-VoWiFi-support-for-tablets-galaxy-Tab-S4-and-T...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/TabS4-amp-fake-HDR/m-p/1163450#M1837

0 Likes
Buxbe
Apprentice
Options

It seems the T830 models were updated, but T835 owners and buyers are still waiting.

This is 3 months after the May update. 

I dont know what Samsung is thinking waiting so long for people who bought their top spec tablet still using 8.1. I've called Samsung twice and I once got back the question if there is anything wrong with 8.1. That's amazing.

I had been a user of Apple for 36 years and in less than a month I get this reply for Samsung, like I'm impertinent to ask.

Unimpressed.

Why hasn't anyone else picked up on the T835 not being updated? I'm in Australia. 

If there is an update, why isn't my tablet picking it up? 

0 Likes