Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Pie (9.0) for Galaxy Tab S4

(Topic created on: 08-05-2019 10:34 AM)
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows when Samsung is planning to release the Android Pie (9.0) update for the Galaxy Tab S4? The tablet itself is great but there are many great features in 9.0, such as the much improved task manager considering the current implementation feels very cramped. Gesture based navigation and adaptive battery life improvements also come to mind.

104 REPLIES 104
xpusostomos
Explorer
Options

Yeah, because major releases are full of bugs. If you really and truly care about security, stick with Oreo for another 6 months.

0 Likes
RSH78
Journeyman
Options
So I see. I've seen a number of posts similar to this over the past 8 weeks. It relates to specific carriers in a specific country. I'd like to hear Samsung respond directly to some of the complaints S4 customers are consistently making.
RSH78
Journeyman
Options
I agree. If both Samsung and Google see fit to update their other products on a monthly basis, then they must have some justification for doing that. I doubt they would lay out that investment and expense in blowing smoke up our arses.
0 Likes
Itztrev
Journeyman
Options

I think complaints here will fall on deaf ears, If you want Samsung to sit up and take note complaints need to be done on social media to a wide audience, thats when you see companys spring into action 😋

0 Likes
RSH78
Journeyman
Options
I fully intend to share my experience on Amazon and Argos websites, and others, when they release they're S5 model.
0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
This, though they wont engage with you on social media either, just ask that you DM them.

Not a hope in hell of a response in here.
So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
Chi1701
Explorer
Options

Its now a week into may, and no sign of update for wifi model in UK, defo seems like next tablet will have to be iPad.

xpusostomos
Explorer
Options

None here in Australia either. It is frustrating, but objectively speaking, there's nothing at all in the update that will change anything. And no feature on iPad or iOS that tempts me either.  I mean it's 2019 and YouTube still doesn't have minimised video on iOS. Although I will say their hardware is much faster. Actually, there's only 2 things I expect to even barely notice in one ui: dark mode, which is nearly irrelevant since most apps have it already, and swipe gestures, which I'm not convinced yet I want on a tablet as opposed to a phone. 

0 Likes
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options
To be fair I mainly use my tablet to watch video, that's it's primary use 90% of the time. I still want the software update but yeah it doesn't really need to do anything my phone can't do.
0 Likes
Chi1701
Explorer
Options

@xpusostomos wrote:

None here in Australia either. It is frustrating, but objectively speaking, there's nothing at all in the update that will change anything. And no feature on iPad or iOS that tempts me either.  I mean it's 2019 and YouTube still doesn't have minimised video on iOS. Although I will say their hardware is much faster. Actually, there's only 2 things I expect to even barely notice in one ui: dark mode, which is nearly irrelevant since most apps have it already, and swipe gestures, which I'm not convinced yet I want on a tablet as opposed to a phone. 

With oneui update, though I dont believe it will, will make using the device a little bit more smoothly, though mainly use it for films/tv, the apps are bit laggy. (Amazon prime). As for iOS, had ipads in the past, so nothing really keeping me from switching back but price.

0 Likes