Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android Pie (9.0) for Galaxy Tab S4

(Topic created on: 29-04-2019 03:06 PM)
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows when Samsung is planning to release the Android Pie (9.0) update for the Galaxy Tab S4? The tablet itself is great but there are many great features in 9.0, such as the much improved task manager considering the current implementation feels very cramped. Gesture based navigation and adaptive battery life improvements also come to mind.

104 REPLIES 104
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options
They have 1 day to deliver on that promise /doubtful
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah I'm sharpening my pitchfork in anticipation
So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
solarisfire
First Poster
Options

Got a new firmware notification this morning on a UK LTE model.

Sadly only a firmware update for the keyboard cover (not even sure what it changed!).

Kinda sucks how slow this rollout is 😞

0 Likes
Rewt0r
First Poster
Options

I have no update either yet.... a bit annoying considering the LTE model is supposedly the first to be updated... UK btw

0 Likes
Kgbeecroft
First Poster
Options
Date has now been moved to may for tab s4 in UK.just had notification in Samsung members app.why am I not surprised it's been moved.by the end of may it will be moved to June and so on........
RSH78
Journeyman
Options

I want to register my absolute disgust at the lack of support for the S4 Tab. My last security update is from 1st December. Its 1st May tomorrow! The machine was expensive, which us fine, but not for this level of support. 

When the S5 Tab is released in the UK, every major UK retailer will have a review from me explaining how badly S4 customers were treated. £750 with keyboard. Very unhappy here. 

Itztrev
Journeyman
Options
I was about to replace my phone for the new galaxy but after this fiasco with this galaxy tab s4 think I will give it a miss. Samsung has lost the plot with customer service especially with high price tag items.
I will vote with my wallet and go else where, Samsung take note...... unhappy customers.
RSH78
Journeyman
Options
P30 people looks the biz. Although I have to say my S10 has already had three updates. Total contrast to the S4. What's the point in being secure on my phone while my tab is vulnerable and already outdated?
0 Likes
grxgghxrpxr
Apprentice
Options

For some unknown reason, they haven't released a version for the UK yet. Does anyone know anything about the release date for the UK?

There are a lot of things about OneUI that I am excited about, yet there are a few elements I feel look a little too rounded and childish & I really don't like the new look of the Samsung Music app.

xpusostomos
Explorer
Options

Truth .be told, pie / one ui. Isnt very interesting, and all the samsung. Apps are worse than the Google or other ones out there. There's no real Reason to sweat for this update

0 Likes